The pre-release of “CA - Patch Me BETA - Security IntelliRollup v2004.00” is now available in Patch Manager for download and hands-on-testing.
The availability of the “CA - Patch Me - Security IntelliRollup”, once GA, will be part of each Patch Tuesday publication from the Client Automation Content team.
This IntelliRollup includes the following new features:
- Single rollup to deploy on multiple platforms starting from Windows Server 2012 and above.
- Enhanced patch applicability logic by utilizing Windows Update Agent API.
- Patch Deployment Analysis as part of the rollup configure software delivery job.
- Ability to fall back to rollup INI file for patch applicability if required.
Customers who wish to try this BETA IntelliRollup must first install the following test fix on the Patch Management Server prior to accepting the IntelliRollup. This fix is valid for CA Client Automation 14.0 SP1 and Above:
Instructions to apply the fix are as follows:
- Stop tomcat with the command “caf stop tomcat”
- Unzip the compressed file with the cazipxp utility.
- Run applyptf and browse T55V199.jcl file and follow the instructions in the TXT file.
- Start tomcat with the command “caf start tomcat”
To utilize the full capabilities of this IntelliRollup, the target agent must have Windows Powershell and Windows Update Service enabled.
For more information about the rollup prerequisites and usage, please review the rollup patch release notes.
Please share your feedback to the below email id: