On behalf of CA Technologies, a Broadcom Company, we appreciate your business and the opportunity to provide you with high-quality, innovative software and services. As part of our ongoing commitment to customer success, we regularly release updated versions of our products. Today, we are pleased to announce that CA Harvest SCM v14.0 is now available.
New features for CA Harvest SCM v14.0 include:
- GIT front end for Harvest SCM: Allows developers to use GIT as the front end tool for source code management while leveraging the power of Harvest in the backend to benefit developers and administrators. Marrying best of both worlds
- REST API enablement for Developers: CA Harvest SCM continues to make the most common operations accessible via APIs thereby enabling ease of use and improving developer productivity overall. Some of the developer operations now supported via APIs are create package, approve package/ package group, promote package/ package group to list a few
- Atomic Commit for Check-in: Continuing on the theme of improving developer productivity, CA Harvest SCM now supports a single check-in operation that applies multiple changes at one go (Commit All or Fail all). This capability improves the consistency of repository states, ensures lesser failures in build workflow and helps in integrations with CI/CD tool sets.
- Jenkins plug-in: CA Harvest SCM now offers a plug-in for Jenkins to augment the capability of build workflow enablement from Harvest
- CA Harvest SCM in v14.0 also improves the Delete Version handling thereby eliminating deadlock situations in cases of conflicts enabling identifiable path for deletion
- Oracle 19c, SQL Server 2019 and Eclipse 4.13, 4,14 and 4.15 Certifications
- Several other, performance and security improvements.
We also encourage you to visit the CA Harvest SCM product information page on the CA Support portal at https://casupport.broadcom.com/ and https://techdocs.broadcom.com/
You can download your copy of CA Harvest SCM v14.0 online at https://casupport.broadcom.com/ where you can also utilize CA’s case management system. To install your product, follow the installation procedures for your product at https://techdocs.broadcom.com/. If you have any questions or require assistance, contact CA Customer Care online at http://www.ca.com/us/customer-care.aspx.
Should you need any assistance in understanding these new features, or implementing this latest release, our implementation services partners can help. Please contact your CA account representative for more information on how they can help. To connect, learn, and share with other customers, join and participate in our CA Harvest SCM Community at https://community.broadcom.com/home.
For a list of Education courses recommended by role, please visit the CA Learning Paths and select the desired product. We update courses based on functional impact as well as high-demand; therefore, courses created from previous releases may apply to the current release.
Please review the CA End of Service/End of Life Policy within the Working with CA Support guide available at https://casupport.broadcom.com/ by navigating to the Support Policies link.
Thank you again for your business.