The Water Cooler

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Raid suddenly stopped and now MegaRaid isn't detecting any servers on local computer

Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Raid suddenly stopped and now MegaRaid isn't detecting any servers on local computer

Posted Jul 05, 2022 09:47 AM
    No replies, thread closed.
    I have a MegaRaid running on my local machine.  Up until this morning things were fine.  Now, the drive is no longer showing up.  The BIOS shows the drives are all in the proper state.  However, the machine, a windows 7 x64 box no longer sees it.  I tried going into MegaRaid and it just says "Servers could not be found because server may be down or server not installed in the host system"  This is with MegaRaid Storage Manager v17.05.00.02.  Up until I guess last night, things have been working fine.  What do I need in order to get Windows to detect the raid again?  I see it in device manager. I've gone as far as another instance of Windows 7 and the same issue is there.  In the device manager I see the storage controller listed as "LSI MegaRAID SAS Adapter"

• 2.  RE: Raid suddenly stopped and now MegaRaid isn't detecting any servers on local computer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 05, 2022 09:51 AM
    No replies, thread closed.
    Hi @Ryan Fernandez,

We do not have a support community for this product. Please use the following link to get support for MegaRAID and HBAs.
    https://www.broadcom.com/support/storage

Knowledge Base
    How do I create a support ticket for LSI storage products?

I hope this helps!

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Ravi Kumar
    Customer Care Community Admin
    Broadcom Software
    ------------------------------