Use the following steps to install the Oracle Client with CABI. This procedure assumes that you are familiar with Oracle installations.
Note: These steps are only required if you are using an Oracle database, and not if you are using the default database: SQLAnywhere.
This section is comprised of three steps:
- Install and Configure the Oracle Client
- Install CABI 4.1 SP5
- Post Installation Steps
Install and Configure the Oracle Client
1. Create a non-root user and group. For specific information, refer to the Oracle documentation, found here.
2. Install the Oracle client and all the required patches for the Oracle client.
3. After installing the client, create the following environment variables in either .bash_profile or .bash_rc , and then source them. The values would look similar to the following. Values. For example, export ORACLE_SID=ora11gr1 is the SID of the Oracle database (ora11gr1) to which the user wants to connect.
4. Give the required permissions to the folder where you installed the Oracle Client.
5. Copy the tns_names.ora file to the following location:
Install CABI 4.1 SP5
Copy and configure the JDBC JAR files, as described here.
Post Install Steps
- Run the required UNIX/Linux-specific registry script procedure located here. The section is entitled “On UNIX and Linux, perform the following steps”.
- Copy and configure the JDBC JAR files, as described here.