DX Infrastructure Management

CA on CA Tech Tip - Active Directory Monitoring 

Mar 04, 2016 08:52 AM

Hi Infrastructure Management Community,

As promised I am providing the items used to build the Active Directory dashboard that was presented during the CA on CA Webcast Featuring CA Unified Infrastructure Management https://communities.ca.com/community/ca-infrastructure-management/blog/2016/02/10/webcast-recap-ca-on-ca-featuring-ca-unified-infrastructure-management-uim.

This is how we do it you should make modifications to the content provided to meet your needs. Hopefully this is helpful. I will share more as time permits (cleaning up the files to remove our machine names can be a bit of a task)

Provided in the attached zipped file are

• The ad_server probe configuration file ad_server.cfg
    • You will need to modify this file to point to the location of your X:\Windows\ntds folder on your domain controllers
  • The ad_response probe configuration file ad_response.cfg
    • You will need to modify this file to put your domain controller names
    • You will need to update the user and password that connects to the domain controllers
    • You will need to change the account you are looking for in your domain
    • You will need to change the path of the account you are looking for in your domain
    • You will need to configure an attribute to write and read for replication testing in your domain
  • The cdm probe configuration file cdm.cfg
    • You can make modifications to this configuration. We plan to make further modifications to our setup
  • The lists that were shown in the dashboard under the ListViewer folder. These can be easily imported using the List Designer portlet using the Import option which is available on the Open screen. Note that there are host restrictions applied to some of the lists, you will need to modify them to match the names of your domain controllers
    • AD Authentication Rate.xml
    • AD Connection Response Time.xml
    • AD Critical Processes Utilization.xml
    • AD Database Size.xml
    • Ad Disk Utilization.xml
    • AD Domain Controllers Host Performance.xml
    • AD Health Status.xml
    • AD LDAP and KDC Activity.xml
    • AD Search Response Time.xml
  • The performance report is available under the PerformanceReportsDesigner folder. This can be easily imported using the Performance Reports Designer portlet using the Import option which is available on the Open screen. Note that we use filters to create our reports, you will need to modify the filters to match the names of your domain controllers.
    • AD Performance Summary.xml
  • I have not included a LAR file for this however once you import the Lists and Performance Reports you can add them to a page in UIM and arrange them to your liking. Remember to use the wrench > Preferences > Select your report> Select your time period (we use last hour) > click Save to pick your report or list after adding the relevant portlet to your page.

Disclaimer: I work for CA Technologies in the IT department in the Tools and Automation Group. I am not a product manager or product developer and has such cannot provide product insight beyond what is in the publicly available documentation.

Statistics
0 Favorited
1 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads
Attachment(s)
zip file
CAonCA_AD-Monitoring.zip   28 KB   1 version
Uploaded - May 29, 2019

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.