We are pleased to announce the general availability of the Device Certification Deployer, DCD 2.6 for UIM SNMP Collector. Starting with DCD 1.1, UIM customers no longer need to receive new device certifications via a SNMP Collector GA distribution. Instead, our Unified Device Certification team delivers new and updated SNMP device certs via the Device Certification Deployer. Our independent DCD release schedule offers UIM SNMP Collector #users a simple and more expedient way to add support to monitor and manage a broader range of vendor device models.
Note: DCD 2.6 requires SNMP Collector 3.21 or above.
Added Certification Enhancements for the following devices:
- Alteon Networks Radware Alteon ODS VA
- Arbor Networks SP 5500 9.0.1
- Arbor Networks TMS 2800 9.0
- Brocade Communications Systems Brocade 6510
- Brocade Communications Systems Brocade G620
- Cisco 6509 15.4(1)
- Cisco Cat 29xx Stack 15.2(3)
- Cisco Catalyst 3650 Stack 16.5.1
- Cisco Catalyst 3850 Stack 16.3.6
- Cisco Catalyst 3850 Stack 3.6.6
- Cisco Catalyst 9300 48UXM 16.8.1
- Cisco Nexus 3172 PQ -10 GE 7.0.3
- Cisco Nexus 93180YC 7.0.3
- Cisco Nexus C 3048 TP -1 GE 6.0(2)
- F5 Networks BIG-IP Viprion C2400 2.6.32
- Fortinet FortiSwitch 1024D
- Fortinet FortiSwitch 1048D
- Huawei AC6605 5.170
- Huawei ISM SNMP Agent (Dorado NAS) V300R002
- net-snmp net-snmp
- Powerware 93PR
- Secure Computing Sidewinder 8.3.2
- Transition Networks Media Converter 126.96.36.199
Please check out the links below for more information about the new Device Certification Deployer (DCD) for SNMP Collector.
Where can I read more about DCD 2.6?
Read more about the Device Certification Deployer, including a list of newly supported device models and enhanced certifications at our UIM Vendor Certifications page.
How do I apply DCD 1.x or 2.x to SNMP Collector?
Find instructions for deploying DCD 2.6 to SNMP Collector 3.21 or above here: device_certification_deployer
How do I request new certification of my SNMP device for a future DCD release?
In order to request a new device cert, all one needs to do is to provide a complete SNMP walk (using SAPro) from the device model that will need to be monitored as configured and the manufacturer's MIB file along with any specific OID, statistic, or metric requirement info via a new SNMP Collector Support ticket. Support opens the request for development in the next available DCD release.