DX NetOps Manager

askCA Chat Transcripts (CA PM) - November 9, 2017 

Nov 09, 2017 11:42 AM

Below are the Chat Transcripts from November 9, 2017 for CA Performance Management. 

Thank you to those customers/partners that joined today and thank you to the CA Team for being available to answer questions: arvind_sugurr and stoma11 and morse07 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9:51:30 AM            from Melissa Potvin (CA) to everyone: Hi Everyone, thank you for joining askCA for CA Performance Management.  We will get started momentarily.

9:59:54 AM            from Melissa Potvin (CA) to everyone: Hello Everyone, let’s get started! i have support and product management here ready to answer your questions. 

10:02:17 AM          from Melissa Potvin (CA) to everyone: to ask a question use the chat feature and be sure the 'send to' is set to 'everyone' thanks!

10:06:23 AM          from rjohn to everyone:           Hello, CA PM 3.2, I find that in the Interface Pages report, router name and interface names are truncated when it is long like this:

10:06:25 AM          from rjohn to everyone:           Router: us1153-ho ... mt.slb.net

Interface: Gi1/2/1 - WAN | 100M | IPVPN | ... to Data Center

10:06:53 AM          from rjohn to everyone:           this is a problem in properly identifying the report

10:07:09 AM          from rjohn to everyone:           any fix being considered for that?

10:07:26 AM          from Aravind Sugur to everyone:         @rjohn give me a min i am checking

10:08:07 AM          from Bob to everyone:              are there plans to make the maps more interactive, if I have a link on the map I could click on it to go to a trend report

10:10:30 AM          from massoud to everyone:    Are there any utilities available to migrate the eHealth configuration data (element definitions etc. i.e. setting in oneclick ) over to CAPC?   

10:14:15 AM          from Aravind Sugur to everyone:         @Massoud there are some utilities that Services organization uses . a better way would be getting in touch with Account team for a Service engagement

10:14:45 AM          from Matthew Stormann to everyone:              @bob - Can you explain more about the map?  Is this the OpenAPI geo map application?

10:16:08 AM          from Melissa Potvin (CA) to everyone: Hi Everyone, if you just joined... welcome to askCA for CAPM. if you have a question please use your chat feature to engage with support and prod mgmt.   thanks!

from rjohn to everyone: I joined NFA as a datasource to CAPC but netflow data is not visible in CAPC - any tips on why that could be or how to troubleshoot?

10:20:02 AM          from Aravind Sugur to everyone:         @rjohn from a NFA perspective it would be difficult to pinpoint where the problem is however if you could open a support case with use we will be more than happy to help you.

10:20:38 AM          from Richard to everyone:      Are there any plans to change the CAPC installation so the product runs under other user as root?

10:21:45 AM          from Bob to everyone:              @Matthey, yes the OpenAPI geo map.

10:23:01 AM          from Matthew Stormann to everyone:              @Richard - this is under consideration for our 3.6 release.  Can't commit at this point as we're just starting are 3.6 planning activities.

10:26:20 AM          from rjohn to everyone:           About NFA sync, issue has just been resolved - netflow was just not enabled on some interfaces and I've figured out that the way to know that instead of getting a "No data to display" report is to check the Flow column in the table that lists interface to see if its "n/a" or "on"

10:26:24 AM          from Aravind Sugur to everyone:         @rjohn i am checking with engineering on naming

10:26:58 AM          from Matthew Stormann to everyone:              @Bob - We don't have any definite plans to update the OpenAPI geo map.  However, I have heard this request from other customers.  Raising this in the IM Community is a good way to draw attention to it.

10:28:29 AM          from Melissa Potvin (CA) to everyone: @Bob, here is a link to the community where that discussion and/or idea should be raised: https://communities.ca.com/community/ca-infrastructure-management/performance-management

10:30:06 AM          from Melissa Potvin (CA) to everyone: in case you are not aware CA Performance Mgmt has moved into its very own community about 10 months ago. so be sure you are also following this community so you don't miss announcements, content, etc.

10:30:11 AM          from Catalin to everyone:        when is planned the HA for PC and DC?

10:30:36 AM          from Matthew Stormann to everyone:              @Richard - here's a related idea on installing PM as non-root in the PM Community - https://communities.ca.com/ideas/235735590-ca-pc-files-and-processes-should-not-belong-to-root

10:31:06 AM          from rjohn to everyone:           I would like to set the default time range to 24 hours but setting it via the 'System.DefaultTimeRange' attribute changes resolution of the reports on ALL the time ranges to the 24 hour one which is 5mins. So even if I change time to Last 24 hours, resolution is 5mins. Anyway to set default time range without setting resolution as well?

10:31:27 AM          from Richard to everyone:      Thanks - voted one up :-)

10:31:37 AM          from rjohn to everyone:           I meant, even if I chagne time to Last Month, resolutino is still 5mins

10:35:32 AM          from Matthew Stormann to everyone:              @Catalin - we'll deliver DA FT in 3.5.  We plan to pursue HA for PC and DCs in subsequent releases.  I can't be more specific on what aspects will be in 3.6 until we complete our planning exercise for that release.

10:36:18 AM          from rjohn to everyone:           What is the time frame for 3.5 to be GA? And for 3.6?

10:36:27 AM          from Catalin to everyone:        great, thanks, I have customers long waiting for this.

from Matthew Stormann to everyone:   @rjohn - regarding the name truncation in the interface context page, does this only occur on the line at the top of the page on the same line as the time filter?  Or does it also happen down in the Details section of the page?

10:42:30 AM          from rjohn to everyone:           it happens in the same line as the time. Checking on details section...

10:43:32 AM          from rjohn to everyone:           Its fully visible in Details

10:45:32 AM          from rjohn to everyone:           I assume you mean above the graph itself

10:45:33 AM          from Aravind Sugur to everyone:         @rjohn if you hover over the rendered portion do you see the full name ?

10:45:59 AM          from rjohn to everyone:           If I hover it, I see "Change Filter"

10:46:07 AM          from Matthew Stormann to everyone:              @rjohn - CA PM 3.5 is targeted to GA by the end of the calendar year.  We may limit Dec distribution of 3.5 to a subset of customers, before marketing it widely in Jan.  We haven't finished planning 3.6 yet, however, this release will likely be targeted for Spring timeframe.

10:46:40 AM          from rjohn to everyone:           ok, thx for the release date info

10:49:10 AM          from Melissa Potvin (CA) to everyone: Hi Everyone, we have 10 minutes left.  Please submit final questions...

10:57:15 AM          from Aravind Sugur to everyone:         @rjohn we could look at a customization for the default time range setting , would appreciate if you could  open support ticket and we could discuss further

10:58:13 AM          from rjohn to everyone:           ok, thx - will do - do I need to put in any verbiage in the ticket to reference this conversation?

10:59:17 AM          from Aravind Sugur to everyone:         @rjohn Could you mention my name on the ticket ( Aravind Sugur ) and i will take it over from there

10:59:22 AM          from rjohn to everyone:           because I opened a ticket and got the 'System.DefaultTimeRange' method of setting the default time range. Its just that this set resolution for all tiem ranges to 5mins

10:59:39 AM          from rjohn to everyone:           ok, thx very much

11:00:10 AM          from Melissa Potvin (CA) to everyone: OK everyone, that concludes our askCA for today....

from Melissa Potvin (CA) to everyone:   please follow the PM community https://communities.ca.com/community/ca-infrastructure-management/performance-management

11:00:30 AM          from rjohn to everyone:           thx

11:00:38 AM          from Melissa Potvin (CA) to everyone: and be sure to continue to ask questions the conversation does not need to end here, we want to hear more from you!

11:00:51 AM          from Melissa Potvin (CA) to everyone: thank you so much for joining!  Have a great day Everyone!

Statistics
0 Favorited
2 Files
0 Shares
1 Downloads
Attachment(s)
docx file
CAPM Chat Transcripts (November 9, 2017).docx   18 KB   1 version
Uploaded - May 29, 2019
pptx file
Latest Tech Docs published for CA Performance Management.pptx   1.25 MB   1 version
Uploaded - May 29, 2019

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.