DX Infrastructure Management

Device Certification Deployer 2.5 for UIM SNMP Collector Generally Available 

Feb 01, 2019 01:43 AM

We are pleased to announce the general availability of the Device Certification Deployer, DCD 2.5 for UIM SNMP Collector. Starting with DCD 1.1, UIM customers no longer need to receive new device certifications via a SNMP Collector GA distribution.  Instead, our Unified Device Certification team delivers new and updated SNMP device certs via the Device Certification Deployer. Our independent DCD release schedule offers UIM SNMP Collector #users a simple and more expedient way to add support to monitor and manage a broader range of vendor device models.

Note: DCD 2.5 requires SNMP Collector 3.21 or above.

Added Certification Enhancements for the following devices:

• Alcatel-Lucent 7750 SR 14 15.0
  • Blue Coat Systems PacketShaper 11.9.1.1
  • Cisco 3945 SPE 250 15.6
  • Cisco 5500 Wlc
  • Cisco ASA 5525 9.8(2)38
  • Cisco ASR 1013 16.3.5
  • Cisco Nexus 7710 6.2
  • ELTEK Webpower 4.7
  • Enterasys Networks S-Series S8 8.62.1.35
  • Huawei OceanStor Dorado 3900 V300R002C10
  • Juniper Networks MX40-T 17.3R3
  • Linux 3.10.53
  • Riverbed SteelHead CX7070 2.6.32
  • Stentofon ESC1 3.1

Please check out the links below for more information about the new Device Certification Deployer for SNMP Collector.  

More Information

Where can I read more about DCD 2.5? 
Read more about the Device Certification Deployer, including a list of newly supported device models and enhanced certifications at our UIM Vendor Certifications page

How do I apply DCD 1.x or 2.x to SNMP Collector? 

Find instructions for deploying DCD 2.5 to SNMP Collector 3.21 or above here: device_certification_deployer

How do I request new certification of my SNMP device for a future DCD release?

In order to request a new device cert, all one needs to do is to provide a complete SNMP walk (using SAPro) from the device model that will need to be monitored as configured and the manufacturer's MIB file along with any specific OID, statistic, or metric requirement info via a new SNMP Collector Support ticket.  Support opens the request for development in the next available DCD release.

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.