The Water Cooler

View Only
  • 1.  Some images missing & embeded links point to community.broadcom.org (should be .com)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 19, 2019 09:15 PM

For community content - a lot of the images did transfer correctly  - but I did find a bunch yesterday with images that did not load - will look for those again.

Example:
    https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware/communities/community-home/librarydocuments/viewdocument?DocumentKey=2e8b982c-b51f-441b-b01f-a5855af62f4f&CommunityKey=0f580f5f-30a4-41de-a75c-e5f433325a18&tab=librarydocuments

Also - and this seems new - a lot of the embeded links point to the wrong host : eg here : 
    https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=08008f22-0cbb-433d-916a-2dc4b1048062&CommunityKey=f9d65308-ca9b-48b7-915c-7e9cb8fc3295&tab=digestviewer#bm08008f22-0cbb-433d-916a-2dc4b1048062

(the images are ok but the embedded links point back to : http://community.broadcom.org which coes not exist)

Cheers - Mark

• 2.  RE: Some images missing & embeded links point to community.broadcom.org (should be .com)

Posted Jun 20, 2019 04:48 PM
    Hi Mark - This has been added it to the bug list for the vendor to address. Regards, Chris

------------------------------
    Chris Hackett
    Community Manager, Broadcom Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom Inc.

• 3.  RE: Some images missing & embeded links point to community.broadcom.org (should be .com)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2019 09:39 PM
    Edited by Mark ODonohue Jul 10, 2019 09:41 PM
    Thanks Chris, 

https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware/viewdocument/integrating-apim-gateway-with-ca-si?CommunityKey=0f580f5f-30a4-41de-a75c-e5f433325a18&tab=librarydocuments

I still find the content is missing, I assume it is then still on their todo list.

And another example : 
    https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware/viewdocument/api-gateway-use-of-sso-doesnt-impl?CommunityKey=0f580f5f-30a4-41de-a75c-e5f433325a18&tab=librarydocuments
    Broadcom remove preview
    Layer 7 API Management - Enterprise Software
    View the selected document's details
    View this on Broadcom >

Cheers - Mark

• 4.  RE: Some images missing & embeded links point to community.broadcom.org (should be .com)

Posted Jul 10, 2019 09:42 PM
    Edited by Christopher Hackett Jul 10, 2019 09:43 PM
    Hi Mark - The migration is finished at this time. Anything missing will likely need to be re-uploaded. Regards, Chris

Chris Hackett
    Broadcom Inc.

• 5.  RE: Some images missing & embeded links point to community.broadcom.org (should be .com)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 11, 2019 09:43 PM
    Hi Cris,

Thanks for the update - I guess finished does not mean completed.

Those examples were all just vanilla embedded images that are missing - not particularly tricky content. 

Without the images a lot of that content becomes fairly useless.  The content was developed over years, and I no longer have local copies of them to "re-upload". 

Are you able to confirm  :
    1) That the migration team does have a physical copy of the all the images somewhere.
    2)  And do they have some plan (at some time in the future) to re-open the migration to (hopefully) fix the links to wherever those images now reside. 

Cheers - Mark

PS: Usually you can write a script to update the mapping - if you have list of old and new locations for the images - happy to give some help - if they want to do that - (in the two weeks I am still here, although I have other things I need to complete too ) .  

• 6.  RE: Some images missing & embeded links point to community.broadcom.org (should be .com)

Posted Jul 11, 2019 09:47 PM
    Hi Mark - I believe the answer is 'no' to both your questions but would need to defer to @Jason McClellan in IT who handles the migration. Regards, Chris​

Chris Hackett
    Broadcom Inc.

• 7.  RE: Some images missing & embeded links point to community.broadcom.org (should be .com)

Community Manager
    Posted Jul 11, 2019 10:01 PM
    ​Mark,
    I'll take look at the links you provided to see how they were embedded back on the old Jive site.   We did migrate all images and videos remapping the location.   Jive had various ways of embedding links and images causing the actually break.   The migration is over but clean up continues remapping links to KB from salesforce to the new service desk.    Also we do have a full backup of images and videos from the old site so these may be recoverable.
    Thank for the feedback

Thank you
    Jason
    Community Platform Owner, IT

• 8.  RE: Some images missing & embeded links point to community.broadcom.org (should be .com)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 12, 2019 08:24 AM
    Hi Jason, thanks for that - if there is anything I can do from my side happy to help.

Cheers - Mark

• 9.  RE: Some images missing & embeded links point to community.broadcom.org (should be .com)

Posted Jul 17, 2019 12:18 PM
    When you say the migration is over it means it is as good as it gets.
    What might be the projected use of the full backup of images and videos?
    I think there were similar problems with the previous system migration so limited lessons learned.
    Some of the contributor names were replaced then with portaladmin loosing one option for search. Now it is Anon Anon. That lowers the usability of the search even more.