The Water Cooler

View Only
  Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  0x23 error - time out durring FOS upgrade

Posted Oct 07, 2020 04:56 AM
    No replies, thread closed.

Greetings forum members,

I'm not sure if this is the right way to ask - this new forum structure is quite new for me - but let me ask you help regarding a FOS upgrade issue.

We have a 8960-F24 switch currently running on:

Kernel: 2.6.34.6
    Fabric OS: v8.2.1c

We would like to upgrade it to v8.2.1e due to security vulnerability via SFTP, but I always got the error 0x23

2020/09/25-14:06:28, [SULB-1001], 15735, CHASSIS, WARNING, dubgsasw04_IBM_8960_F24, Firmwaredownload command has started. (From v8.2.1c To v8.2.1e).
    2020/09/25-14:36:27, [SULB-1011], 15736, CHASSIS, INFO, dubgsasw04_IBM_8960_F24, Firmwaredownload command failed. Firmware download timed out..
    2020/09/25-14:36:28, [SULB-1003], 15737, CHASSIS, INFO, dubgsasw04_IBM_8960_F24, Firmwarecommit has started.

0x23

I suspect having an issue with the network, especially because during the FOS upgrade, the error statistics of ethernet port are increasing:

RX errors increasing during FOS upgarde

but network team confirmed, that they don't see any issue on their switch.
    Case was opened against customer support, who confirmed that the switch seems to be fine based on latest support saves.

My question would be that is it possible to increase the time period (30 mins) for a FOS upgrade. I guess due to low bandwidth while transferring the files, it times out, so I wonder if there is a way to give more time for this process?

Same FTP server was used for same device type on same location without any issue, that is why I'd sort out the source FTP & FOS code as an issue.
    Switch was rebooted, but didn't helped.

Any advise would be highly appreciated.

------------------------------
    Regards, Tamas.

• 2.  RE: 0x23 error - time out durring FOS upgrade

Community Manager
    Posted Nov 02, 2020 03:47 PM
    @Tamas Bene  if this is a Brocade Switch go to the Brocade Information Page - we do not support any of the Brocade products on the Broadcom Community ​

Thank you
    Jason
    Broadcom Community Platform Admin, IT

• 3.  RE: 0x23 error - time out durring FOS upgrade

Posted Nov 06, 2020 07:50 AM

Hi @Jason McClellan.

In the past, I just simple posted question in this community, and I got instant reply. It seems things have changed.

I see that the future is the OEM specific community, but in my case it's IBM which redirects me to FixCentral however that is not a community. So in case I'd like to reach out Broadcom engineers around the Globe, I can't simple do that by posting a question?

PS.: the issue and time out was due to a loosen ethernet cable.

Regards, Tamas.

• 4.  RE: 0x23 error - time out durring FOS upgrade
    Best Answer

Community Manager
    Posted Nov 06, 2020 08:44 AM
    @Tamas Bene​​ - yes Brocade Division is no longer part of the Broadcom Community.   All of the details are located here  https://community.brocade.com     There is no one on the current Communities to answer your questions regarding Brocade products.   Jason

The only participating divisions are the following:
    • Mainframe Software
    • Enterprise Software
    • Ethernet Switch
    • Symantec Security

Brocade Community Shutdown after 15 years

Thank you
    Jason
    Broadcom Community Platform Admin, IT