Topic Thread

Expand all | Collapse all

How you move DLP Agents on Cluster Server

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  How you move DLP Agents on Cluster Server

Posted 01-18-2016 02:57 AM

Hi there!!

We are using DLP 15.0 Express installation. We have CMS Server up and running. Now we have create new server's which is windows Clusters Servers. We would like to move our all agents to Cluster servers. We would like to move all our DLP Agent to the cluster servers. Kindly tell me how we can move them to Cluster servers. We have to install agent again on all machines or there is any other way to do that ?

Thank you

Regards

• 2.  Re: How you move DLP Agents on Cluster Server

Posted 01-18-2016 01:37 PM

Fayyaz

Try using the wgnreparent.exe command line utility (ships with the product).

wgnreparent -?

Will show you the usage syntax and options.

Regards

Andy Devine

• 3.  Re: How you move DLP Agents on Cluster Server

Posted 01-19-2016 01:32 AM

Dear Deven

Kindly tell me if I move all the agent machine to our new server then it will bring the users also or it will just move the client machine ?

Thank you

Regards

• 4.  Re: How you move DLP Agents on Cluster Server

Posted 01-19-2016 01:50 AM

Dear Devan

When I am running this command it's shows me the DOS command prompt for second and then disappears. and when I put wgnreparent -? on the c:\ wgnreparent it's gives me error not recognized as an internal or external command. please tell me how to use this wgnreparent ?

Thank you

Regards

• 5.  Re: How you move DLP Agents on Cluster Server
    Best Answer

Posted 01-19-2016 03:27 AM

Fayyaz

I did note that wgnreparent.exe is a command line utility so it needs to be run from a DOS prompt (command line). 

However there was an error in my earlier instructions,

wgnreparent -h

Will show you the usage syntax and options.

Regards

Andy Devine

• 6.  Re: How you move DLP Agents on Cluster Server

Posted 01-19-2016 03:25 AM

Fayyaz

The Machine Hierarchy and the the user hierarchy are separate entities, moving a machine will NOT move a user account.

Regards

Andy Devine

• 7.  Re: How you move DLP Agents on Cluster Server

Posted 01-19-2016 05:02 AM

Dear Devan

Thank you for your answer I got it I will move the machine , Tell me please same steps for moving users ?

Thank you

Regards

• 8.  Re: How you move DLP Agents on Cluster Server

Posted 01-19-2016 05:04 AM

Dear Devan

There is an other thing which I need to ask , I have policy on machine not on user, when I am trying to copy that policy to an other machines I have copy one by one is there any way that I can copy that policy to all machine atones. OR I have to copy one by one this is the only way.

Thank you

Regards

• 9.  Re: How you move DLP Agents on Cluster Server

Posted 01-19-2016 07:12 AM

Fayyaz

Machine polices can be set either individually or across the organisation if there is a common policy.  The latter is controlled by the "Common Client Policy"  if you apply changes to the "Common Client Policy"  they are inherited by the individual machines.

If you export a complete machine policy from an individual machine you can import the complete machine policy into the "Common Client Policy"  and apply it to all machines.

Editing individual polices is achieved by Navigating through the machine hierarchy and selecting the individual machine and then right clicking on the machine and selecting "Edit Policy" and the machine policy editor screen will appear.

Editing the "common client policy" is achieved by Navigating to the machine hierarchy and right clicking on a machine and selecting "Edit Common client Policy" and the machine policy editor screen will appear.

Import and Export options are available from the File menu in the policy editor.

Regards

Andy Devine

• 10.  Re: How you move DLP Agents on Cluster Server

Posted 01-19-2016 06:49 AM

Fayyaz

To export the users log on to the Administration Console (Acon) with an administrator account and navigate to the user hierarchy. Right click on users and select "export hierarchy" to activate the export wizard. 

To import the users log on to the Administration Console (Acon) with an administrator account and go to the Tools menu and select "Account Import Wizard"

Regards

Andy Devine