The Water Cooler

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Adding comments on techdocs.broadcom.com

• 1.  Adding comments on techdocs.broadcom.com

Posted Nov 08, 2019 03:24 AM
    Hi Team.

What is the intended procedure for adding comments to articles and docs on techdocs.broadcom.com ?

In former docops times, we have had the ability to add comments, suggestions, mentioning missing or wrong content, and so on.

Now it seems, that this functionality has gone.
    Any suggestion, how to do that today?

For example: I just encountered a broken link in a product doc, where I'd like to raise awareness on.

Thanks and regards
    .........Michael

------------------------------
    Principal Services Consultant
    HCL Enterprise Studio
    Germany

• 2.  RE: Adding comments on techdocs.broadcom.com

Community Manager
    Posted Nov 08, 2019 10:06 AM
    Michael,
    Great question.  I've sent an email to the techdocs team​ asking them what or if their is a new process.  I would be a perfect opportunity for community to help out.  I'll post back shortly.   Thanks ~jm

Thank you
    Jason
    Community Platform Owner, IT

• 3.  RE: Adding comments on techdocs.broadcom.com

Posted Sep 17, 2020 10:58 AM
    Edited by Scott Barry Sep 17, 2020 11:00 AM

As has been mentioned on this thread, CA DocOps once had this feature and sadly it was removed at some point - consider also that "comment contributors" (interested users) were never afforded a profile-level tracking feature either, and so we could not review all updates, both satisfied and still-pending someone's attention.

So, again, here we are with a COMMENT feature which is a very positive step and sure hoping that each PRODUCT TEAM is "connected" so that COMMENTs will be directed to Broadcom-internal responsible parties/individuals for action or at least some response.

Lastly, we would still like to see a companion-improvement, that being a PROFILE-level "My Comments" tracking mechanism, hopefully so that the next "beyond cloud" replacement system/service will afford us concerned/interested users an opportunity to keep track of these COMMENTS (requests).

Thank you !!

Regards,

Scott Barry

SBBTech LLC

• 4.  RE: Adding comments on techdocs.broadcom.com

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 18, 2020 05:16 AM
    Hi Scott,

Thanks for your post. I would like to assure you that we as the doc managers in the Mainframe Software Division regularly check the comments you provide for our doc sets and we value your feedback and appreciate the interaction. Each of us has a team of tech writers and we forward these comments directly to them so that you can get the answers to your questions in due time. Our tech writers in turn are tightly connected to the development teams and product owners as we are part of R&D.

Check this page for example, where Daniel already replied to your comment, log in to view the response: https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/ca-mainframe-software/traditional-management/ca-mics-resource-management/14-3/release-notes/product-changes-ptfs/analyzer-option-for-cics-cic-ptfs.html

I will pass the feedback regarding the 'tracking mechanism' that you mentioned but no promises as this is still early days for the commenting feature. 

Thank you.

Supervisor of Technical Materials
    Broadcom

• 5.  RE: Adding comments on techdocs.broadcom.com

Posted Sep 18, 2020 10:57 AM
    Again, thank you for the improvement - while on the topic about COMMENT and TechDocs, might I also raise interest with these improvements:

1) Add (or maybe bring back, I can't recall) EMAIL-notification when a reply is made to a particular COMMENT - improve end-user experience, also improve consistency, since we receive such notification when a CASE is updated.
    2) Bring back the DocOps feature "Track this Documentation Space" -- where any content change for a particular item/level (be it product, guide, section) is acknowledged with an EMAIL-notification.

These suggestions will help increase productivity, where a client-site or consultant (with represented clients/users) minimizing time-wasting tasks for follow-up.

Have a great weekend, People !!

Regards,

Scott Barry
    Principal Consultant
    SBBTech LLC

• 6.  RE: Adding comments on techdocs.broadcom.com

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 13, 2019 08:48 AM
    Depends, are you asking in general, or for a specific doc set? I could find out who owns a specific techdocs site and get you in touch. 

Are you in contact with the PO or PM for that product? They should also be able to tell you who the assigned tech writer is. Some tech writer teams are setting up a review process and will be inviting SMEs (like you) to leave internal comments. Other teams have a Slack, Community Forum, or DL set up where cross-functional team members can get in contact.

Technical Writer
    Broadcom / CA

• 7.  RE: Adding comments on techdocs.broadcom.com

Posted Nov 13, 2019 08:59 AM
    Hi Ruth.

Thanks for coming back on this.

Well , in fact both:

in General, because I think it might be usefull to have that kind of feedback from the field ...

But the original reason for this thread was more specific:

Looking at docops into "CA Normalized Integration Management for Service Management"
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/normalized-integration-management-for-service-management-/3-2.html

And recognized that the package download link
    https://techstack.ca.com/techstack-web/componentDetail.do?versionId=13638

points to a non existent FQDN.

I would appreciate to get in contact with someone who can help further.

Thanks and kind regards
    ..............Michael

HCL Enterprise Studio
    Germany

• 8.  RE: Adding comments on techdocs.broadcom.com

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 16, 2020 01:38 PM
    Edited by Lavanya Krishnamurthy Sep 16, 2020 01:39 PM
    Hi Michael, all:
    Sorry that this took so long. The commenting feature is now available on techdocs.broadcom.com. If this issue is not fixed yet, please add the comment to the page so that the corresponding writer can review and fix the issue. You need to log in to post or view comments.

Thanks,
    Lavanya Krishnamurthy
    Staff Technical Writer for ValueOps
    Broadcom

• 9.  RE: Adding comments on techdocs.broadcom.com

Posted Sep 16, 2020 03:08 PM
    Great news.
    Thanks for letting us know!
    In fact, I saw and used this functionality recently already, without remembering this/my post :D
    ....Michael

HCL Enterprise Studio
    Germany

• 10.  RE: Adding comments on techdocs.broadcom.com

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 16, 2020 11:44 PM
    That's great.

Thanks,