The Water Cooler

View Only
  • 1.  Cannot view upvotes anymore

Posted Nov 28, 2019 05:10 AM
    Edited by Michael A. Lowry Nov 28, 2019 05:15 AM
    It is no longer possible to see who recommended a discussion thread or reply, or to see who voted for an idea.

Edit: It is possible to see who recommended a discussion thread or reply by clicking on the number.

• 2.  RE: Cannot view upvotes anymore

Posted Nov 28, 2019 05:12 AM
    I recommend this post (for it's implicit proposal of bringing back the ability to see who recommended a post, to which I'd like to add my +1 ).

• 3.  RE: Cannot view upvotes anymore

Posted Nov 28, 2019 05:13 AM
    Oooh actually I can see it!

@Michael A. Lowry try clicking​ on the number next to the recommends. Just found that.

• 4.  RE: Cannot view upvotes anymore

Posted Nov 28, 2019 05:16 AM
    Edited by Michael A. Lowry Nov 28, 2019 05:16 AM
    I updated the original post with a correction. The problem appears to be limited to ideas.

• 5.  RE: Cannot view upvotes anymore

Posted Nov 28, 2019 05:27 AM
    Edited by Carsten Schmitz Nov 28, 2019 05:27 AM
    I'm +1 on that, too.

Besides, the whole idea of social functions is a bit diminished by the many people who are "anon anon" or "john6817419" (sorry john6817419!) and often times not using a signature. This appears even more prevalent after the migration from Jive to this.

I never thought I'd argue for encouragement for identity reveal on the web, but this is after all a closed forum for expert software. As such, I'd really wish Broadcom (and CA before them) would at least encourage people to update their profiles a bit and fix their user names which are in several cases still broken from a migration (in lieu of Broadcom fixing those, which doesn't seem to be on the table). I have a strange preference of knowing at least a first name and possibly even a company when responding to people. By all means, make an AC or CowboyNeal option, but at least they should try to nudge people to complete their basic profile info.

------------------------------
    I will not respond to PM asking for help unless there's an actual reason to keep the discussion off of the public forums.

• 6.  RE: Cannot view upvotes anymore

Community Manager
    Posted Dec 03, 2019 10:46 AM
    Hello Carsten and Michael,

We are working to update the Ideation section and hope to see some changes soon.  As for the signatures, Anon Anon was a way for us to bring over the discussions where folks had not yet logged in to the new platform.  As they login, their Anon Anon signature on discussions will be replaced with their new signature.

I agree that folks should represent themselves while on our Communities as we should all know who we are talking to and build relationships with each other by name (or at least company).  Unfortunately, we cannot force folks to use their given name or company.  We will have to look for ways to make them want to do so.

Thanks
    Diane

Diane Craddock
    Community Manager, Broadcom Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom Inc.

• 7.  RE: Cannot view upvotes anymore

Posted Dec 03, 2019 10:54 AM
    Thanks @Diane Craddock!

Best regards,
    Anon Anon^h^h^w Cowboy Neal^h^h^w Carsten :)​

• 8.  RE: Cannot view upvotes anymore

Community Manager
    Posted Dec 03, 2019 11:59 AM

@Carsten Schmitz  - In today's post-GDPR and the new California Privacy Law - we do not sync PII to Community.  In fact, we have gone a step further, adding an option for the user to update their Username from First Name, Last Name to lock down their account.  For example CowboyDave.    Video Here

We do remind new and migrating users to fill out their profile and image but not aggressively.   Community is social but over the years, I've found Technical Communities B2B use more custom usernames instead of avatars.

Also, I saw the enhancement request to see who is recommending or upvoting ideas and will transmit to the vendor.    Thx ~jm

Thank you
    Jason
    Community Platform Owner, IT

• 9.  RE: Cannot view upvotes anymore

Posted Jan 02, 2020 04:32 AM
    ​Hi,

Good to know there's that video, thanks for that. Good ressource.

> Also, I saw the enhancement request to see who is
    > recommending or upvoting ideas and will transmit to the vendor. 

But you did see that it's possible already as of today, by clicking the number? But if they can make this functionality more obvious, more power to them. It's easy to miss.

Best,
    Carsten