IDMS

• 1.  Difficulties with subscribing to a category

Posted Sep 15, 2012 05:19 PM
    When I login to this community, I can see the list of categories on the Message Board webpage; however, the far right <Action> button that is referred to in Linda's presentation is not there - so I cannot subscribe. There is a button for RSS (opens in a new window) and I chose that but there was nothing there about suscribing. What am I missing?

• 2.  RE: [IUA/EIUA Community Use and Feedback] Difficulties with subscribing to

Posted Sep 15, 2012 08:46 PM
    OK, for me, I only see the RSS button only when I’m not logged in. When I’m logged in, I see the action button and when I press that, I see the subscribe, et al.

I do see you as a member of the community so you should, once logged in, be able to subscribe to the categories. Obviously you’ve logged in to post this message so let’s try this:

Please walk through the following process and please screen print as you go so I can see the process:

Make sure to login.

Navigate to the IUA/EIAU community. Please print the screen to include the upper right corner of the screen

Then navigate to the message board and print the screen.

Now verify that you are only seeing the RSS or do you see the action drop down.

Please paste the images into the message reply so I can see them.

I’ll watch for your next post.

Thanks,

Linda

From: CA IDMS (IUA EIUA) Global User Community [mailto:CommunityAdmin@communities-mail.ca.com]
    Sent: Saturday, September 15, 2012 2:19 PM
    To: mb.15636067.99099213@myca-email.ca.com
    Subject: [IUA/EIUA Community Use and Feedback] Difficulties with subscribing to a category

When I login to this community, I can see the list of categories on the Message Board webpage; however, the far right <Action> button that is referred to in Linda's presentation is not there - so I cannot subscribe. There is a button for RSS (opens in a new window) and I chose that but there was nothing there about suscribing. What am I missing?
    Posted by:emburyd
    --
    CA Communities Message Boards
    mb.15636067.99099213@myca-email.ca.com
    https://communities.ca.com

• 3.  RE: Difficulties with subscribing to a category

Posted Sep 16, 2012 07:26 AM
    The "Actions" tool symbol will look like this - at the end of each "Category" - HTH - cheers - Gary

• 4.  RE: Difficulties with subscribing to a category
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 16, 2012 08:35 PM
    I discovered the problem. I went back to the home page for CA Communities and read some of their startup documentation. The first thing it talked about was you needed to 'join' a community. I probably missed where you had mentioned that but although I had navigated to the IUA community using the url in your email and logged in, I had never 'joined' it. When I went to CA's website page that lists all the communities and clicked the symbol to join the IUA one, when I went back to your message board page - voila, the action buttons had appeared.