DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Integrating Alerts from Wily into HP Openview?

Posted Nov 15, 2012 01:55 PM
    Hello Everybody,

I searched in the message board for the answer to this question, I am trying to integrate Wily Alerts to HP Openview for the ticketing system that's provided, also use HP OM for Central alerting, can it be done? If so what procedure needs to be followed? Any help in this regard will be helpful. Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Integrating Alerts from Wily into HP Openview?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 15, 2012 02:28 PM
    Here's what I've done in the past:

Have an OV agent installed on your EM/MOM. Setup a custom action to send the alert info to a shell (*nix or Windows). Within the shell, call the agent using 'opcmsg' and pass along the alert info.

If you need more details, let me know.

-Hiko

• 3.  RE: Integrating Alerts from Wily into HP Openview?

Posted Nov 15, 2012 03:10 PM
    Thank you Hikoh, yes I would like more details in this regard. I was informed that the the Alerts from Wily can be sent out by SNMP, but the format is not directly compatible with HP Openview, is that true? If so what do I need to do? Thank you for the quick reply.

• 4.  RE: Integrating Alerts from Wily into HP Openview?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 15, 2012 03:26 PM
    I can't speak to the SNMP, but this shouldn't be a problem either. A number of customers are consuming SNMP traps from Introscope to SNMP collectors.

Typically for HPOV is that you setup an agent. I used a Perl program that looked for particular value to determine what was to be done. I then call the agent using the 'opcmsg' command and pass along the information. You can find information about how to call your HPOV agent on the HP website.

-Hiko

• 5.  RE: Integrating Alerts from Wily into HP Openview?

Posted Jan 10, 2013 11:36 AM

hdavis wrote:

I can't speak to the SNMP, but this shouldn't be a problem either. A number of customers are consuming SNMP traps from Introscope to SNMP collectors.

Typically for HPOV is that you setup an agent. I used a Perl program that looked for particular value to determine what was to be done. I then call the agent using the 'opcmsg' command and pass along the information. You can find information about how to call your HPOV agent on the HP website.

-Hiko
    Hello Hiko,

Can you share the Perl script that you for this setup? I am also looking to integrate with BMC tools.

-Madhu

• 6.  RE: Integrating Alerts from Wily into HP Openview?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 10, 2013 11:50 AM
    I'm sorry but I don't have a copy of that particular script.

[list][*]Create a shell/batch script to receive and parse the information. You will also write your routine to call 'opcmsg' in this.
    [*]Create a custom action which will send the alert information you want to send and to define the script to call as a part of the action.
    [*]Ensure you pay attention to the order in which you add the alert information. It will matter when you write the parsing routine. This is a base-0 index.
    [*]Refer to the URL I last posted about how to call 'opcmsg' when your script is ready to call 'opcmsg'.[list]

• 7.  RE: Integrating Alerts from Wily into HP Openview?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 15, 2012 03:40 PM
    Refer to this URL for information on calling 'opcmsg': http://www.softpanorama.info/Admin/HP_operations_manager/Reference/opcmsg.shtml

• 8.  RE: Integrating Alerts from Wily into HP Openview?

Posted May 08, 2014 10:15 AM

Thanks Davis.

Link was very useful.

• 9.  RE: Integrating Alerts from Wily into HP Openview?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 08, 2014 11:50 AM

I'm glad I could help.