IDMS

• 1.  CA Tuesday Tip: (CA IDMS) Has CONVERT CATALOG been run in my r18.0 CV?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 11, 2012 02:08 AM
    CA IDMS Tuesday Tip by Susan Brendlinger, Principal Support Engineer, for September 11, 2012

The r18.0 CONVERT CATALOG utility will update the definition of the SYSTEM.TABLE table. This table can be displayed in OCF or IDMSBCF and compared against the release 18.0 table definition found in the 18.0 SQL Reference Guide.

In r18.0, the column immediately following PROCDBNAME is DEFAULTINDEX. In prior releases, it is a FILLER. If your SYSTEM.TABLE has the DEFAULTINDEX column then that catalog has had the r18.0 CONVERT CATALOG utility run against it.

See Knowledge Base article TEC576580 for more information.

• 2.  RE: CA Tuesday Tip: (CA IDMS) Has CONVERT CATALOG been run in my r18.0 CV?

Posted Sep 11, 2012 10:41 AM
    Good tip. Although just typing Convert Catalog into OCF regardless is a much easier way to find out.

CONVERT CATALOG
    *+ Status = 0        SQLSTATE = 00000        Messages follow:         
    *+ DB002900 T181 C0M6038: Catalog Conversion Completed  - NO CONVERSION
    *+ REQUIRED                                                           

Remember to do your System catalog and your Application Catalog and any others you may have defined for extra playing.

Chris Trayler

• 3.  RE: CA Tuesday Tip: (CA IDMS) Has CONVERT CATALOG been run in my r18.0 CV?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 12, 2012 12:14 PM
    [font=Verdana][color=#9d24b5][color]Also, remember that it is only required to run the CONVERT CATALOG utility when your CATSYS segment is defined FOR SQL. This will be the case if you have installed the CA IDMS SQL Option, or if you have converted the catalog in order to use Visual DBA. And in that situation, the CONVERT CATLOG should be done to update every catalog in which the SYSCA or SYSTEM schemas are defined. However, if your site does not have the SQL option installed, and does not use Visual DBA, then your CATSYS segment is stil defined as FOR NONSQL, so you do not need to run the CONVERT CATALOG. [size=7][size][font]