IDMS

• 1.  VDB 3003 issue???

Posted Feb 25, 2012 09:27 PM
    All:
    Anybody out there using VDB (Visual Data Base) in IDMS? I just did an expand page on two areas in production and on the TESTCV where they use a VDB version of the production data base I am receiving a 3003 error on the two expanded areas.

I have updated the DMCL on the TESTCV with the new page size and the original page size everything appears to be correct but I still get a 3003 on these two areas?

We are running IDMS 16.0 SP7 on a z/OS 1.11.

ASGVDB 000I Virtual/DB version 5.1 for IDMS 16.0 VDB514 10/31/05
    ASGVDB 001I Env=DBCV12 table 0E8AED40 updated 05/04/99 15.05

Abend Code 3003:
    An attempt to validate a database page number has failed. The DBMS has retrieved a page that does not have the page number requested. Check the schema description to make sure that each file is associated with the correct external name and check to see that the page size of the area in the DMCL agrees with the actual page size.

Module : IDMSDBIO

Severity : 0

William M. Allen, Jr.

• 2.  RE: VDB 3003 issue???

Posted Feb 25, 2012 09:32 PM
    A long time since I worked with ASG's VDB - but if you have changed the Physical IDMS files you would need to do something to the underlying VSAM "Shadow Database files" as well. Probably just clear them out or something?

Just a guess - HTH - cheers - Gary

• 3.  RE: VDB 3003 issue???

Posted Feb 25, 2012 11:48 PM
    Gary:

That is correct, I have a job stream to clear them out, it uses IDCAMS to delete and define the shadow file, but it did not work the first time, I even cycled the CV once and they still came up with a 3003. After I did the clear out a second time they still came up with the 3003. I ran it one more time and this time it worked?

William M. Allen, Jr.

• 4.  RE: VDB 3003 issue???

Posted Feb 27, 2012 04:20 PM
    My instructions say to do the following prior to clearing the shadow files:

Using VDB admin program ('SYS2.DBAS.CLIST(VDB)'), update segment definition, then environment definition. You do not need to actually change anything. Make sure environment is pointing to new DMCL in staging lib.

Kay Rozeboom

• 5.  RE: VDB 3003 issue???

Posted Feb 27, 2012 04:29 PM
    Bill Allen,

I'm sitting in 440 for a class but I don't have a wired connection to get the exact name but I wanted to say there is a PDS

db.vdb.clear **
    or
    db.clear.**

or very similar

It has the JCL jobs ready to run to empty the vdb areas and let them start fresh after the change you made.

If you want me to find Donn Young during lunch, I can get a wired connection.

Does this help?

Thanks, Ann
    Ann Murphy