Layer7 API Management

• 1.  GMU

Posted Nov 19, 2018 07:39 AM

HI Their,

How to migratOut based up on the revision history,which mean i have 5 revision histories and the 5th one is currently active, i wanted to migrate out the 3rd one,how could i perform it?Lets say ,if i  migratOut it migrates out the active one i,e 5th one.How could specifically migrate 3rd one.

Pls advice.

• 2.  Re: GMU

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 19, 2018 10:34 AM

Hi 

According the documentation you can only export the active policy revisions. 

Migration Tools at a Glance - CA API Gateway - 9.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

I will ask around to see if there is a workaround and get back on this 

Dirk 

• 3.  Re: GMU

Posted Nov 19, 2018 05:39 PM

Hi There,

Adding on what Dirk said - the GMU is exporting only 'active' policies/services.

Come to think about it, not all policies/services would have same revisions if any.

So if the need is for a specific policy revision to be exported (or some specific ones) - the fastest solution would be to set them as active for the migration out (and then revert to the latest ones) or to manually export them and import into the target hosts.

With that said- it is a nice IDEA to have and possibly by adding an option to migrate out by specific text in the comment field it would be more handy.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Amit.

• 4.  Re: GMU
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 19, 2018 06:48 PM

The general GMU migrateOut functionality does not have a version selection option but if you use the restman function you can. 

Get Version

Retrieve a policy version by the version number
    Request
    GET 1.0/services/{id}/versions/{versionNumber}
    Path Parameters
    ParamTypeDescription
    versionNumberlongVersion of the policy to return.
    Response
    Body
    The policy version.