CA Service Management

• 1.  New Menu Item to update incident

Posted Nov 09, 2018 07:51 AM

Right now we have menu items under Activities menu to update status, comment and transfer. When someone wants to move an incident to someone with a note and different status, then it needs two menu actions. 1. update status, 2. transfer.

We want to create a menu item with the activities combining all three. So that with one click we could change the status, assign to another group and add a comment.

I tried creating a new menu item and a new htmpl page. But that redirects to edit incident page not to the one which I have created.

<PDM_OBJECT>
    if ( factory == "cr" )
    {
    htmpl_str += "detail_update_incident_wb.htmpl";
    }
    <PDM_MACRO name=menuItemLocal label="Update_Incident..." function="JavaScript: popupActivityWithURL('\" + query_str1 + \"ST\" + htmpl_str +\"','incident')">
    </PDM_OBJECT>

Where can I find more details about the PDM_MACRO attributes and how to customize them?

• 2.  Re: New Menu Item to update incident

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 03, 2018 05:54 PM

Hi,

You may try updating the existing HTMPL files for Update Status and Transfer (whichever preferred). Add the fields using the WSP and see if that serves the purpose. Additionally, you may make a copy of the "xfer_esc_cr.htmpl" file and modify it to add the "Status" field(s) (one read-only and one read-write). Then rename the file and create a menu option similar to the Transfer menu option.

See attached images.

Thanks,

Indrajit Banerjee.

• 3.  Re: New Menu Item to update incident

Posted Dec 04, 2018 06:34 AM

Thanks, Indrajit !! I have did this and it serves my purpose. Only problem here is, I don't see the update status is not getting triggered. Using this update incident activity, If I update just only the status, I don't see it is logged in acitivity logs and the email notifications are getting triggered.

Other than this activity triggers, all others are perfect. Let me know if you have done something on your side to enable the update status activity 

• 4.  Re: New Menu Item to update incident

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 05, 2018 09:34 PM

Hi,

Not sure what is going on in your system. In general, if the status field value changes, irrespective of the form you are in, it will trigger the "Update Status" activity. Same is the case for a change in value(s) for the assignee or group fields - it will trigger the "Transfer" activity. Try to check the logs and see if it is throwing some errors. I have tested this in my system and when I change both, I get two activity logs - "Update Status" as well as "Transfer". The only thing you will not get is the "Log Comment" activity. Also, depending on which activity form you are using (like Transfer), the comment (User Description) in the form gets tied to that activity log. Example: If you modified the "Transfer" activity form and added "Status" to it, then on changing both values, you should get "Update Status" activity, "Transfer" activity and the "User Description" part will be added to the "Transfer" activity log. I suggest - check the logs if it gives you any clue why the activity is not getting triggered in your case. Also, make sure you take care of including the status transition checks (in case you have used them) when you add the "Status" field to the "Transfer Activity" form.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Indrajit Banerjee.