CA IDMS IUA EIUA

Expand all | Collapse all

Expanding DDLDML area

• 1.  Expanding DDLDML area

Posted 04-02-2012 07:02 PM
    Hi all,

Over the recent years we have been having 1211 regularly when storing new ads code on application dictionary. Thanks to deleting older versions we have been able to pass the need to enlarge the area but I don't think I can avoid this much longer. Some DMCL's I'm not aware of have also been a problem. And the need to do this same time on production. Based on test unload I assume there is no cross area pointers in DDLDML. Here's what I have used:

[color=#0814bb]UNLOAD SEGMENT DICTSD07 USING IDMSNWKA
    AREA DDLDML[color]

Besides IDMSNWKA , is there any other subschema to consider I could use?

Rgds,

Antti Vanhala

• 2.  RE: Expanding DDLDML area

Posted 04-02-2012 07:04 PM
    Antti,

The IDMSNWKA subschema doesn't include the security records that are stored in the DDLDML area. You should use IDMSNWKU instead. There is a section in the UNLOAD statement section of the Utilities manual that describes the subschemas to use to unload each of the dictionary areas.

Regards,

Steve Franzon

• 3.  RE: Expanding DDLDML area

Posted 04-05-2012 03:02 AM
    I use subschema IDMSNWKU. And I unload/reload the entire segment, which consists of the DDLDML and DDLDCLOD areas.

Kay Rozeboom

• 4.  RE: Expanding DDLDML area

Posted 04-05-2012 03:04 AM
    We have only DDLDML in the segment. Thank you all for replies.

Antti Vanhala

• 5.  RE: Expanding DDLDML area

Posted 12-31-2012 04:36 AM
    Test reloads went fine but because of some practical issues we decided not to expand primary dictionary but instead I created additional dictionary with new database. This way only test environment was affected. Procedure was well documented in the manual.