Clarity

• 1.  CA PPM: Any OOTB workflow is available for Join Type "Rendezvous (AND)"

Posted Apr 17, 2019 03:14 PM

Hi Everyone, 

Any OOTB workflow is available for the join type "Rendezvous (AND)" . I have a similar requirement that three group of people approval should happen parallel and go for the rest of the approval once that groups approved. 

• 2.  Re: CA PPM: Any OOTB workflow is available for Join Type "Rendezvous (AND)"
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 03, 2019 06:19 PM
      |   view attached

I worked with Arun via support case and provided with sample process with parallel split

Attachment(s)

• 3.  Re: CA PPM: Any OOTB workflow is available for Join Type "Rendezvous (AND)"

Posted May 06, 2019 12:44 PM

Hi Arun, 

In the past (must have been Clarity version 7.5.3), I have used Rendezvous to execute multiple steps in parallel in a workflow. However, given the ability to create multiple actions in a single step (which was added in subsequent versions), the need for using Rendezvous type split has diminished.

Now, to your question - if the three approvals are different (in terms of the action item description, nature of approval), a rendezvous type split may be appropriate. However, if it is the same action item that you are seeking approval on, I would suggest using a single step with multiple assignees for that purpose. In the post condition, you can always check the approvals before you move to the next step. 

Thanks,

Regards,

Debroop