CA Service Management

• 1.  End User, Assignee, Reported By are not showing in Jasper report

Posted Apr 15, 2019 05:00 AM

Hi,

I am using CA SDM 17.1 and Jasper report.

I created Data source with MS SQL JDBC server for my new domain.

When i create new report with this new domain, i could not see any fields related to contacts like End user, Assignee, Reported by like that from Call_Req.

Please help in fixing the issue.

Thanks,

Saravanakumar Kumbalingam

• 2.  Re: End User, Assignee, Reported By are not showing in Jasper report

Posted Apr 15, 2019 05:10 AM

Hi Saravanakumar,

Fields from linked tables are joined by default when you use an 'SDM' data source, which connects to the SDM object layer.  If you wish to use a direct connection to the MDB database - as you have created for your domain - you will have to add all of the necessary joins manually, for example, linking to the ca_contact table by contact_uuid to retrieve details such as last and first names for assignee, group, etc.

Regards,

James

• 3.  Re: End User, Assignee, Reported By are not showing in Jasper report

Posted Apr 15, 2019 05:16 AM

Thank you James for your quick reply.

Since the SDM data source is not having my custom fields. I have created data source with MS SQL JDC driver to directly connect MDB database. Connection is successful. As you said, to make joins manually, i could not able see customer, assignee, and log_agent fields (contacts related) under call_req to make join with ca_contact. (Remaining fields are showing under call_req table.

Please help.

Regards,

• 4.  Re: End User, Assignee, Reported By are not showing in Jasper report

Posted Apr 15, 2019 08:11 AM

The fields are there, in the call_req table:

They're binary type fields, so the driver might not understand those type of fields and doesn't show them as browsable/choosable. You can either do the join in your SQL interrogation and create a View with the results, or convert the binary fields to 'nvarchar' in your SQL query.

• 5.  Re: End User, Assignee, Reported By are not showing in Jasper report
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 16, 2019 03:13 AM

You might find the 'Attribute Alias' function useful here.  The attribute alias function enables custom fields to be added to the schema that is made visible by the SDM ODBC connector.

For example, my schema has a new field 'zEnvironment' in 'cr' that points to a new reference table:

In SDM, under Administration / Service Desk / Codes / Attribute Aliases, I can create a new alias 'zEnviro_sym' with value 'zEnvironment.sym', in the 'cr' object:

This field becomes visible to Jaspersoft in the 'cr' object through the SDM connector (I haven't tested whether a restart is required):

The new field can now be used in a report without adding a join to the 'zEnvironment' table:

Regards,

James

• 6.  Re: End User, Assignee, Reported By are not showing in Jasper report

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 23, 2019 01:46 PM

Saravanakumar.Kumbalingam ..........

Did the information provided by camja06 address your issue?

Note:  direct MDB connection from JasperSoft is NOT supported/certified

• 7.  Re: End User, Assignee, Reported By are not showing in Jasper report

Posted Apr 24, 2019 03:05 AM

Sorry for the delay reply.

Yes. camja06 information was helpful. I have got what i expected.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,