DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Executing a VB Script

Posted Jan 23, 2019 12:41 PM

What probe in Infrastructure Manager or any other CA tool that i can use to execute a VB script daily from a targeted window server?. I want ta particulate VB script to run daily 

Any suggestion or recommendation on how i can go about this?

• 2.  Re: Executing a VB Script

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 23, 2019 12:58 PM

You could use nexec or logmon to run a command to execute a batch file to call VBScript

• 3.  Re: Executing a VB Script

Posted Jan 23, 2019 02:11 PM

Logmon doesn't support scheduling. You can run something with a every 24 hours interval but the actual run time will drift around.

Dirscan can also do this. Create a schedule that runs at a given time every 24 hours coupled with a test that is guaranteed to fail.

You can deploy the nas probe to the hub and use it too. Just need to be careful about alarm messages. St it to look for the subject "NeverMatch" or something like that.

• 4.  Re: Executing a VB Script

Posted Jan 25, 2019 11:20 AM

I would look at using the nexec probe for this objective as I do believe that it supports scheduling and would not require additional configuration of tests. Also, if you need to capture any of the output, a nas LUA script can be created to execute the script via nexec probe callback [nimbus.request()], receive the output, and parse through and take actions, such as generating an alarm if there is something not right in the output from the script. Since the nas also supports scheduling/calendaring for executing scripts, you can control how often the nexec script is run from the nas configuration.