Automic Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

License information

• 1.  License information

Posted Sep 07, 2017 05:27 AM
    Hi,
    I can see the license should be for Windows, but it says: "production" Linux. so strange
    wh8zl38lfseo.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/au/wh8zl38lfseo.png" width="884">

In the second line, if I understand correctly, I have 3 licenses and 2 licenses have been used. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,
    Phat

• 2.  License information

Posted Sep 07, 2017 06:02 AM
    A detailed description is available here:

https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/ALL/components/AE/11/All%20Guides/help.htm#ucabfo.htm%3FTocPath%3DUser%2520Guide%7CUserInterface%7CSystem%2520Overview%7C_____12

Production-Linux in your case is just a String - defined from Automic Sales Dept. - usually for different categories as: PROD/DEV/TEST or for outsourcers e.g. Cust1, Cust2, CustA, CustB

It could be named MickyMouse, DonaldDuck and Applepie as well :-)

• 3.  License information

Posted Sep 07, 2017 09:39 PM
    You are correct. You have 3 Windows agent license and using 2 Windows Agent with 12 CPU.

Detailed as below:
    https://community.automic.com/discussion/9766/license-table-used-host-column

• 4.  License information

Posted Sep 19, 2017 12:28 AM
    Hello,
    I have some things need your help, here below is my license table.

1/ In the Used(Host) column, there are some rows have no information like CN.DB.DB2? this means the license is not yet used? Why in other rows, we also have 0 used?
    2/ For the SAP, we have 999999, unlimited license?
    3/ About EX.OS.WIN (S and V class), it means that I have 4 licenses for Windows? I can install 2 more agents on 2 windows machines?
    4/ What are the purpose of DC.WEB, Company and GL.DC?
    5/ About EX.OS.OS4 is categorized as Test, we need to purchase license for Test?
    6/ I don't find info the FTP in the document, I guess it is used for ftp connection.

asdzliasfb88.png

• 5.  License information

Posted Sep 19, 2017 03:45 AM
    let me try to answer all of your question 
     1/ In the Used(Host) column, there are some rows have no information like CN.DB.DB2? this means the license is not yet used? Why in other rows, we also have 0 used?

==> CN.DB.** is the license for AE database connection so right now we only support ORACLE, MSSQL, and DB2, If you want to run the Automic System based to another Database than MS SQL you require a specific license entry (CN.DB.ORA or CN.DB.DB2) in your license, for MS SQL it is not required. and "used host" is not applicable for this type of license

2/ For the SAP, we have 999999, unlimited license?

=> for SAP agent for Basis you have 999999 so kind of unlimited 

3/ About EX.OS.WIN (S and V class), it means that I have 4 licenses for Windows? I can install 2 more agents on 2 windows machines?

=> Class S only allow you install the window agent on the same server with the Automation Engine (where we run the CPs or WPs),
    class V you can install the Agent any where, And yes you have 2 more license

4/ What are the purpose of DC.WEB, Company and GL.DC?
    => 
    DC.WEB is for Web Interface , I believe this one is not being used anymore (Starting from V10 we removed the web interface,  noted it's difference with ECC/AWI)

5/ About EX.OS.OS4 is categorized as Test, we need to purchase license for Test?
    => I can see the license you have for category "Test" is expired, so you will not be able to use that license in the existing AE system, 
    Let say if you want to install one more OS400 agent for testing only then you would need to have the valid license. (Test Category)

6/ I don't find info the FTP in the document, I guess it is used for ftp connection.

==> go to this link for your information about FTP agent

• 6.  License information

Posted Sep 19, 2017 05:02 AM
    Tran-Hoang_Hau_348,

Thank you for your info. But for the question 3, I have agent installed in the same machine with AE engine. It should be 1 in Used(host) column. And this means that I only have 1 license.

Regards.
    Phat Tran

• 7.  License information

Posted Sep 19, 2017 06:39 AM
    Phat Tran 
    It's also depend on what you had config in the agent's ini file for the license class.something looked like as below
    f6gjil8ium5m.jpg

• 8.  License information

Posted Sep 19, 2017 04:36 PM
    Phat Tran said:
    Hi,
    I can see the license should be for Windows, but it says: "production" Linux. so strange
    wh8zl38lfseo.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/au/wh8zl38lfseo.png" width="884">

In the second line, if I understand correctly, I have 3 licenses and 2 licenses have been used. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,
    Phat

I would like to add that the EX.OS.WIN license with Production - Linux category is a class S. This means it can only be run on the same box that hosts the Automation Engine(s).

• 9.  License information

Posted Sep 19, 2017 10:38 PM
    Ian Geglia said:
    Phat Tran said:
    Hi,

Regards,
    Phat

I would like to add that the EX.OS.WIN license with Production - Linux category is a class S. This means it can only be run on the same box that hosts the Automation Engine(s).
    Ian_Geglia_179 ,

but in the Used(host) should count as "1" instead of "00000"?

• 10.  License information

Posted Sep 21, 2017 11:08 AM
    Phat Tran said:
    Phat Tran said:
    Hi,
    wh8zl38lfseo.png

Regards,
    Phat

Ian_Geglia_179 ,

but in the Used(host) should count as "1" instead of "00000"?
    They do have a count of 1. The "Processors" shows as 00000. I believe every class S has 00000 processors. The used column will only reflect a value of 1 if the agent is currently running and has class S defined in the ini

• 11.  License information

Posted Sep 27, 2017 12:28 AM
    But in my case, it shows 00000(00000) :( confused