Clarity

• 1.  Missing "Overral Status" Attribute from "Status Report" Object

Posted Apr 25, 2019 11:09 AM

Does anyone knows how to re-add the Overall Status attribute (id: cop_overall_status) back to the Status Report Object (id: cop_prj_statusrpt)?

I don't even know how that attribute went missing. It's a system attribute and I don't even had the option to delete or deactivate it.

Strangely, it's still available in the Status Report Listing Query, so it still exists in the database.

• 2.  Re: Missing "Overral Status" Attribute from "Status Report" Object

Posted Apr 28, 2019 03:08 AM

What version of PPM are you on?  Can you also give more details about what you mean by it has been 'deleted', was this undertaken by the Object - Views, or the Object - Attributes, the first you can certainly remove it from the edit and list views.  The second Object - Attributes you should not be able to.

The Overall Status is a calculated attribute, where you have the ability to modify the calculation.  By default, it does a sum calculation, but for several PPM clients I have, they prefer to have MAX calculation instead.  Have you modified the calculation from the Object - Attributes area?

Technically, the Status Report object is an 'add-on', part of Accelerator: Program Management Office, so you may be able to reapply this 'add-on' - strongly suggest you do this in a non-development environment if you have managed to delete it from the Object - Attributes area.

Finally, the Status Report Listing Query is driven from a database view odf_cop_prj_statusrpt_v2.  This view gets recreated every time the Status Report object is modified - yes it does include cop_overall_status, but it is a calculated value, not an actual database field.  However, if you did manage to delete the attribute from Object - Attributes, then this view should have been re-created, minus cop_overall_status.

• 3.  Re: Missing "Overral Status" Attribute from "Status Report" Object

Posted Apr 29, 2019 12:47 PM

@What version of PPM are you on?

@Can you also give more details about what you mean by it has been 'deleted', was this undertaken by the Object - Views, or the Object - Attributes, the first you can certainly remove it from the edit and list views.  The second Object - Attributes you should not be able to.

I'm talking about the Object - Attributes, the "Overall Status" just vanished from there.

@Have you modified the calculation from the Object - Attributes area?

Nope, didn't touch the attribute, it just vanished by itself.

@Finally, the Status Report Listing Query is driven from a database view odf_cop_prj_statusrpt_v2.  This view gets recreated every time the Status Report object is modified - yes it does include cop_overall_status, but it is a calculated value, not an actual database field.  However, if you did manage to delete the attribute from Object - Attributes, then this view should have been re-created, minus cop_overall_status.

But how can I re-create it with the cop_overall_status, or just re-add it? The attribute itself still exists, because the system tells me the attribute name still exists in the database.

• 4.  Re: Missing "Overral Status" Attribute from "Status Report" Object

Posted Apr 30, 2019 07:42 AM

Sorry, don't have access to any V14 environments to see what PPM does.

Another thought, could you have marked the attribute as 'Deactive', there is a filter box at the top which defaults to 'Active'.  In V15 environments, you can't mark it as Deactive, but see what V14 does.

• 5.  Re: Missing "Overral Status" Attribute from "Status Report" Object
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 01, 2019 09:39 AM