Clarity

• 1.  Lock Project Cost Plans and edit only authorized group

Posted Mar 14, 2019 07:43 AM

Hello ,

We have a requirement to lock cost plans after plan updation by project manager and it should be unlocked/able to edit only one group(Authorized group).

Step1. Cost Plan should be Locked, once the project manager updates basic cost values in the time scale value(amount by period).

Step2. Cost plan should be editable for one group after project manager part has been done in the cost plan.

Note : Once Step 1 has been performed even project manager should not update cost plan value. ONLY AUTHORIZED Group should have an edit access for time scale value(amount by period) of cost plan.

Thank you,

Karthick

• 2.  Re: Lock Project Cost Plans and edit only authorized group

Posted Mar 18, 2019 11:37 AM

For this level of control, you'll need to insert a dummy cost plan via XOG using an 'admin' user and then grant instance edit rights to the people (PM?) who you want to allow to update. Once they have updated, yank the instance rights from the PM and grant to the new group (Cost Admins).

But, the Cost/Budget plan mimics this functionality pretty closely, so consider using that instead of messing with rights.

• 3.  Re: Lock Project Cost Plans and edit only authorized group

Posted Mar 29, 2019 09:19 AM

Could you please share me any sample screenshot or processes to achieve this? because i can't picturize the idea.

• 4.  Re: Lock Project Cost Plans and edit only authorized group

Posted Mar 29, 2019 09:29 AM

Actually user already has cost plan edit access in global rights.

Based on your suggestion, If i grant access to the user for the particular project through instance level and he will update the cost plan. Once clicked on Submit Button, how can i trigger the process for revoking instance access for that particular project and granting the edit access rights to the "AUTHORIZED" Group. which xml format will be suitable for this scenario?

• 5.  Re: Lock Project Cost Plans and edit only authorized group

Posted Mar 29, 2019 04:55 PM

Looks like Cost Plans don't have instance rights, so the XOG bit wont work for this. 

So back to OOB functionality... PM submits the cost plan for Approval. It ends up as the latest proposed Budget.

PM can only see Budgets (if you even need to do that) while Admins can edit/approve/reject the budget plan.