DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  After changing the IP address of MOM and 2 collectors, nothing is working

Posted Jan 16, 2019 11:48 AM

Server Management changed the IP addresses for our CA APM Linux servers, three servers, MOM and two collectors. After they did that, I have updated the MOM IntroscopeEnterpriseManager.properties file with the new collectors IP addresses and restarted all the EM in the three servers. Please see the screen shot attached to this case.

screenshot of MOM IntroscopeEnterpriseManager.properties file

But, after making the configuration change and stopping/restarting the EM on the three servers, the two collectors were not shown under Investigator.

Then I have run the product cache clean up procedure on MOM and 2 Collectors following these steps:

1- Stop EM Enterprise Managers on the MOM and 2 collectors

2- Deleted the entire content [all files and directories] of <EM-Home>/work folder

3- Deleted the entire content [all files and directories] of /configuration folder except file config.ini path: <EM-Home>/product/enterprisemanager/configuration

4- Deleted all files at <EM-Home>/logs 5- started EM Enterprise Manager process on MOM and 2 Collectors. Started the collectors first then started the MOM. One of the collectors won't start and I am getting Database connection lost error. 

Thank you, your help will be very much appreciated

Ferhana

• 2.  Re: After changing the IP address of MOM and 2 collectors, nothing is working

Posted Jan 16, 2019 12:05 PM

FASIRAJ

Does database IP also changed? it might be possible that you have IP config in tess-db-config.xml and because IP address is change you have to update db config in tess-db-config.xml file also.

• 3.  Re: After changing the IP address of MOM and 2 collectors, nothing is working

Posted Jan 16, 2019 01:01 PM

-- Check to insure that the MOM server can get to the collectors on port 5001.  Ask your firewall administrator to check to see if the MOM to collector's IP are being blocked.

-- If you are using postgres, check the pg_hba.conf file to insure the new IP addresses are in the white listing

-- Check the IntroscopeEnterpriseManager.log for any error messages during startup.  If it is the database it will have an error with "apmdb not being able to be connected"

If none of the above, then can you post any errors in the MOM and collector logs?

Hope this helps,

Billy

• 4.  Re: After changing the IP address of MOM and 2 collectors, nothing is working
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 16, 2019 03:58 PM

Dear Community:

I am working with Ferhana in case 01279369. There is apparently no APM Postgres database installed or running . The EMCluster section on the MOM had incorrect IP addresses and files were accidentally deleted or not copied across EMs. The heap was 1 Gb on MOM/Collector. (Changed to 2 for the moment. But likely more needed,) 

She is doing a fresh install on the non-working collector and a DB install afterwards to resolve the issue.

As an aside, it is always great to work with customers/meet I see on the Community! 

Thanks 

Hal German

• 5.  Re: After changing the IP address of MOM and 2 collectors, nothing is working

Posted Jan 20, 2019 03:58 PM

After working with Hal and following his instructions, everything is working fine now. Thanks a lot to Hal for his wonderful help.

Ferhana