Service Virtualization

• 1.  IdentityAccessManager not starting after 10.4 installation

Posted Jan 24, 2019 07:01 AM

Hi There 

After performing DevTest 10.4 installation , unable to launch IAM. https://localhost:51111/auth  getting page cannot be found error.

Initially I started the IAM Service and then went ahead and try to launch the page but it did not work.

Then using command prompt I ran the IdentityAccessManager.exe; I could see no messages on the command prompt  but still not able to launch the page. Seems the IAM server is not coming up.

Also I am not able to view logs any where. 

- Windows server 2012 R2

-JDK 1.8 

JAVA_HOME & LISA_JAVA_HOME defined in environment variable. 
    -Embbeded DB is been used

- Full permission is given on the folder 

Could you tell me if any additional configuration need to be done once installation is done? This is preventing me from getting the registry and other component started.

Thanks

Ajay

• 2.  Re: IdentityAccessManager not starting after 10.4 installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 24, 2019 07:42 AM

Can you post the server.log here? 

It is located in the DEVTEST_HOME/IdentityAccessManager/standalone/log folder.

• 3.  Re: IdentityAccessManager not starting after 10.4 installation

Posted Jan 24, 2019 11:29 AM

Hi Marcy - I don't see a log folder created under the path.  ..\DevTest\IdentityAccessManager\standalone.

Thanks

Ajay

• 4.  Re: IdentityAccessManager not starting after 10.4 installation

Posted Jan 24, 2019 03:56 PM

Hello Ajay,

When you say "Then using command prompt I ran the IdentityAccessManager.exe; I could see no messages on the command prompt". Are you not seeing messages at all in the command prompt?

You should be able to see something like:

Calling "C:\PROGRA~1\CA\DEVTES~1.366\IDENTI~1\bin\standalone.conf.bat"
    JAVA_HOME is not set. Unexpected results may occur.
    Set JAVA_HOME to the directory of your local JDK to avoid this message.
    ===============================================================================

JBoss Bootstrap Environment

JBOSS_HOME: "C:\PROGRA~1\CA\DEVTES~1.366\IDENTI~1"

JAVA: "java"

JAVA_OPTS: "-Dprogram.name=standalone.bat -Djboss.http.port=51112 -Djboss.https.port=51111 -Djboss.bind.address.management=0.0.0.0 -Djboss.bind.address=0.0.0.0 -Diam.truststore=../iam-truststore.ks -Diam.truststore.pass=passphrase -Dkeycloak.migration.action=import -Dkeycloak.migration.provider=iam-updater -Dkeycloak.migration.dir=../realms-to-import -Dkeycloak.migration.strategy=IGNORE_EXISTING -Diam.version=1.2.0"

===============================================================================

Please, take a look at the links below. It is some issues faced when starting IAM for the first time. However, the messages in the command prompt would give us a hint of what may be happening:

IdentityAccessManager -Protocol family unavailable - CA Knowledge 

Unable to start Identity Access Manager service in - CA Knowledge 

DevTest10.4 IAM error - Address already in use: bi - CA Knowledge 

Hope it helps.

If you are still having issues to start IAM, please open a support ticket so we can take a look at it.

Thank you,

Heloisa

• 5.  Re: IdentityAccessManager not starting after 10.4 installation

Posted Jan 25, 2019 12:51 AM

Hi Helosia - Attaching the screen shot of the command prompt and the standalone folder. As I said no logs can be seen.

Also I tried the above solutions you offered but none worked. I will get a case raised for this.

Thanks

Ajay

IAM

• 6.  Re: IdentityAccessManager not starting after 10.4 installation

Posted Jan 25, 2019 11:35 AM

Are you running the command line as Admin or does your RunAs user have permission to write into the C:\Program Files\... directory where IAM is installed?

Some companies lock down privileges on \Program Files\ after the installation process such that components cannot make updates.

• 7.  Re: IdentityAccessManager not starting after 10.4 installation

Posted Jan 28, 2019 03:20 AM

As part of self trouble shooting > installed DevTest 10.4 on D drive, Applied full control on my ID for the folder and sub folders coming under D:\Program Files\CA\DevTest. command prompt was started as Administrator (Run as Admin). But still IAM.exe is not getting started.

One other thing to say here is Enterprise Dashboard service I am able to start and its running under my logging ID.

• 8.  Re: IdentityAccessManager not starting after 10.4 installation
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 31, 2019 04:20 AM

The cause of the issue was that in the machine it was missing the Path variable in environment after setting it as

path ->c:\windows\system32

I was able to run the IAM.exe successfully.

Thank you support team for getting the answer.