ESP Workload Automation

• 1.  CA7 late jobs

Posted Apr 18, 2019 06:52 AM

Is there a command to get a list of job names from previous months that were late in CA7? I know that I can use the 0100 graph to get the number total, but I am being asked for job names from January till now

• 2.  Re: CA7 late jobs
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 18, 2019 04:04 PM

The CA 7 log files will show jobs that are late, but there is no canned report that will report on these late jobs. I will convert this question to an idea (enhancement request) and product management will review.

-Roderick

• 3.  Re: CA7 late jobs

Posted Apr 18, 2019 04:20 PM

I run a batch job with LRLOG,ST=LATE,JOB=*,DATE=###

I'm not sure how long you can go back....   maybe dependent on the way you have your ca7 set up....  

Renate

• 4.  Re: CA7 late jobs

Posted Apr 19, 2019 07:39 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. The LRLOG, at least for us, only gives the past 5 days. I was hoping that someone might know of a way to pull this from the history data sets since I am needing to go back to the first of the year and get this information for each month. I have looked for methods to pull from the history and was counting on me maybe missing it or maybe someone else already knowing a different way to capture more than the 5 days

• 5.  Re: CA7 late jobs

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 25, 2019 09:38 AM

Lennie, 

I am unable to change this question over to an idea. Can you please create an "idea" for an enhancement to add a history report that will report on jobs that went late.

Thank you...  

• 6.  Re: CA7 late jobs

Posted Apr 25, 2019 11:21 AM

Roderick,

Is there a spot that I go to for this? I have searched the site and have not found anywhere that I can open an Idea for Enhancement

• 7.  Re: CA7 late jobs

Community Manager
    Posted Apr 29, 2019 09:49 AM

Lennie, 

Good morning. If you go to CA Mainframe Workload Automation  (make sure that you're logged in), and go to the "Actions" dropdown, you will see a lightbulb icon labeled "Idea"

Just click that and you'll be able to create this.