IDMS

Integrated index calculation request

• 1.  Integrated index calculation request

Posted Apr 22, 2010 08:54 PM
    I have always used the IDMSPACE utility in the User Contributed Library to =
    do these calculations.

Dave Embury,
    IBM Global Services
    01/UCY/410/WLOO
    410 Albert St., Waterloo. ON N2L 3V3
    Internal IBM email: Dave Embury/Ontario/IBM@IBMCA External (Internet) email=
    : emburyd@ca.ibm.com
    Voice: (519) 880-2946 {5-2946}
    Pager: (519) 569-3551
    Fax: (519) 746-4803

Can you have amnesia twice? How would you know?.

Can anyone provide a calculation for integrated indexes that takes these 3 =
    =3D inputs;
    Pagesize
    Number of full SR8's per page( we usually choose 3 )
    Maximum Keylength

and produces the correct value for;
    Index Block Contains

Thanks. There are several formulas in the Listserve logs that seem to be i=
    =3D ncomplete or perhaps wrong.
    =3D20
    Steven Kuske,
    The State of Iowa
    "
    IDMS 3rd-party providers forum
    IDMSVENDOR-L@LISTSERV.IUASSN.COM
    SMTP
    SMTP

Normal

Normal
    Re: Integrated index calculation request
    "Dave - I can't see the IDMSPACE utility on the UCL page - did you get it from a different page? I wonder if it has gone ""walk about""? I am getting a good supply of XLS and XLSX spread sheets from our ""listers"" - all of which I'm including in a ZIP file and uploading to UCL. I'd like to include the one that you picked up as well if you still find it useful - and if it's not already there and I just didn't recognise it for what it is?

TIA - cheers - Gary

Gary Cherlet
    Justice Technology Services
    Department of Justice, SA Government
    Telephone +61 (0)8 8226 5199
    Facsimile +61 (0)8 8226 5311
    Mobile +61 (0)41 333 1613
    MailTo:gary.cherlet@sa.gov.au

This e-mail message and any attachments are qualified as follows: Addressing: If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise by reply e-mail to the sender. Please also destroy the original transmission and its contents. Confidentiality: This e-mail may contain confidential information which also may be legally privileged. Only the intended recipient(s) may access, use, distribute or copy this e-mail. Individual Views: Unless otherwise indicated, the views expressed are those of the sender, not Justice Technology Services. Computer Viruses: It is the recipient's responsibility to check the e-mail and any attached files for viruses.