Clarity

• 1.  Export process diagram to vector graphic

Posted Feb 20, 2019 11:58 AM

Long time ago the format for process diagram in Clarity was SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) and a browser plugin was required. This format allows to edit/reuse  the graph while keeps its quality.

Since then, the diagram format is a raster image (jpg) and this format makes very difficult to edit/reuse the graph for presentations, technical document etc..

Is there any method to force the server to export as SVG format?

Any way to convert to vector with little loss? (I already tried several apps and web services to convert raster to vector without success)

In fact the main problem when vectoring is that texts in boxes or lines not only are no converted properly to vector but also make noise/blur in the near lines. Any way to disable texts in the diagram display?

• 2.  Re: Export process diagram to vector graphic

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 26, 2019 03:47 AM

Hola Daniel,

We do not have any option to force exports on the SVG format.

Clarity SVG Viewer dependencies were removed as Adobe discontinued it January 2009.

I tried some image convertors, but the output was not great either

Regards

• 3.  Re: Export process diagram to vector graphic

Posted Feb 26, 2019 07:15 AM

Hola Joxi,

As Clarity was able to generate SVG diagrams in the past I was hoping that someone had a method* to restore back the old functionality through modifying files at server or passing additional parameters to the generator function.

*(probably not supported by CA)

• 4.  Re: Export process diagram to vector graphic

Posted Mar 14, 2019 12:46 PM

By the way, if it were possible to generate the process diagram without displaying text in boxes ,lines, etc. then converting to vector image would quite feasible.

I suppose a workaround can be xog-out to XML, remove condition descriptions, replace all step name strings by a single character, xog-in and display diagram.