IT Process Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

How much resources(memory and cpu) does a waiting state of a process consume on an orchestrator ? or let's say how many processes can simultaneously run in waiting state on a orchestrator (standard license) ?

• 1.  How much resources(memory and cpu) does a waiting state of a process consume on an orchestrator ? or let's say how many processes can simultaneously run in waiting state on a orchestrator (standard license) ?

Posted Jan 30, 2019 11:49 AM

I am trying to add wait time in  my process so that a recheck can be done after a fixed interval (let's assume this to be 30 mins), so when this process is in waiting state then how much resource (in terms of memory and cpu) will this process consume on the orchestrator. OR to make it more reasonable how many processes in waiting state can be handled by one orchestrator(considering I have 2 orchestrators and I have standard Process Automation License) ? 

• 2.  Re: How much resources(memory and cpu) does a waiting state of a process consume on an orchestrator ? or let's say how many processes can simultaneously run in waiting state on a orchestrator (standard license) ?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 22, 2019 10:07 AM

This is a tough question to answer because processes can have 100s of operators or 1 operator and this can affect the resource usage.  My testing shows a waiting state operator uses an insignificant amount of memory and cpu.  That being said, keep in mind that a process in a running state consumes a lot more space at the database level than a completed process.  But all of this in mind, I think you can have a large number of waiting operators before you are going to see major performance degradation.