Layer7 API Management

• 1.  GMU tool changing cluster wide properties

Posted Oct 23, 2018 07:37 AM

Hi all, wanted to ask about GMU tool, while i am migrating the API's the GMU tool is changing the values of cluster wide properties. I am using Policy Manager 8.4, can someone told me how to stop the GMU chaning cluster wide properties values. 

This is the log i fond from today
    : 2018-10-23T09:28:38.692+0100 INFO    1545415 com.l7tech.server.admin: ClusterProperty #4d8a50e32a28e6f2cccac2cbc27152fa (cisco.PingFederateServer) updated (changed value)

• 2.  Re: GMU tool changing cluster wide properties

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 23, 2018 06:02 PM

Hi Lorik,

We can change the action of an entity (in the bundle file)  to Ignore to prevent it be imported to target server -- we can manually modify the bundle file, or use the manageMappings command.

The document below should help (document for gw8.4),

https://docops.ca.com/ca-api-gateway/8-4/en/upgrade-migrate-patch-back-up-restore/gmu-command-help/managemappings-command

Regards,

Mark

• 3.  Re: GMU tool changing cluster wide properties

Posted Oct 24, 2018 05:30 AM

Hi Zhijun,

i have review this document but for me it is a little confusing the manage mappings part. I cannot find the part that tells exactly what values to change.

Thanks

Lorik H.

• 4.  Re: GMU tool changing cluster wide properties

Posted Oct 23, 2018 07:10 PM

Out of curiosity, is the value actually changing or is it being edited but staying the same value? I ask only because I wonder if that audit entry is more of a false-positive type deal than a real change of value, possible result of using GMU in your use-case. 

Without knowing what command you ran and your GMU configuration/arguments provided, I would simply suggest reviewing this documentation page (and possibly other related pages) and check your GMU setup to see if you are migrating the cluster properties type or migrating all content types which would include cluster properties: Get Started and Run GMU - CA API Gateway - 9.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

If you can (be sure to vet for any personal identifiable information), please provide an example of the GMU arguments/commands you are running when you see the cluster property change.

• 5.  Re: GMU tool changing cluster wide properties

Posted Oct 24, 2018 05:26 AM

Hi Dustin,

first thanks for the reply. First i have done the manage mappings, after this i have migrate the API, please find below the commands.

Manage Mapipings command:

for this API i have run 16 manage mappings commands, also i forgot to mention that this is the new API  I am migrating from one environment to another.

GatewayMigrationUtility.bat manageMappings --bundle FOLDERNAME\API ID.xml --srcId  APINUMBER --action NewOrUpdate --type POLICY --targetGuid APIGUID

Migrate command:

GatewayMigrationUtility.bat migrateIn –-argFile config/environment.args --bundle "FOLDERNAME\API ID.xml" –-results "API ID.xml" --destFolder "/GroupW-FAP-SVN" --comment "Relase Name"

Thanks,
    Lorik H.

• 6.  Re: GMU tool changing cluster wide properties

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 18, 2018 08:43 PM

Lorik,

Along with the services and policies that may be get migrated, the dependencies will be brought across. You will need to either use the option --includeOnlyServicePolicy  on the migrateOut function which will exclude all dependencies and will expect them to be created on the destination system or run the manageMapping option (manageMappings command - CA API Gateway - 9.3 - CA Technologies Documentation ) with the command:./GatewayMigrationUtility.sh manageMappings --bundle export_bundle.xml --type “CLUSTER_PROPERTY” --action Ignore —outputFile outputMappings.xml

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Broadcom Support