DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Problem discovering epagent in APM

Posted Jan 03, 2019 10:14 AM

Hi, I've APM 10.7 and I'm trying to add an epagent on a redhat server. the epagent starts correctly, I've only add a stateless http plugin. the plugin seems work correctly, I've the result in the log.

the strange thing is that in my APM investigator I can't see the new machine. I've set correctly agentManager.url.1=ip:port and after agent restart I can see establlished connection between the epa and APM. MAybe I'm missing some configurations?

thanks

• 2.  Re: Problem discovering epagent in APM
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 03, 2019 12:31 PM

If you're using 10.7, you should consider deploying Infrastructure Agent instead. You get all of the same features of EPA, but the added value of built-in host level monitoring and support for monitoring other components that used to require deploying additional agents, such as web server monitoring.

Also make sure your EM is not clamping new metrics from being created.

• 3.  Re: Problem discovering epagent in APM

Posted Jan 03, 2019 12:49 PM

Thanks for the very quick reply!

could you indicate me a link to download infrastructure Agent? Also how could I check that my EM is not clamping the ne metrics?

thanks!

• 4.  Re: Problem discovering epagent in APM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 03, 2019 12:58 PM

You can find APMIA in the same location with EPA when you log into the Support site Download section.

If you look at your agent, there will be a red indicator on your blue agent icon if it's being clamped.

• 5.  Re: Problem discovering epagent in APM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 03, 2019 01:00 PM

• 6.  Re: Problem discovering epagent in APM

Posted Jan 03, 2019 01:07 PM

Thank you very much, tomorrow I will try to install the infrastructure agent.