Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  RA_FTP - Remote Command

Posted Oct 15, 2018 06:11 PM

Are all SSH commands available when Remote Command is enabled?  I need to combine multiple files together using tar and I need to know if this is something that can be done in the Remote Command option.  I do not have it available yet so I cannot try it.  This way I can just transfer the tarball and only run it once every hour.  Is there any other way to transfer a 100 files in one RA_FTP execution when the folder has 1000's in it?  In other words I don't want to have to run an RA_FTP job for each file because then there would be constant transfers that would never end.  This folder is updating all day long with multiple files each time it is updated.

• 2.  Re: RA_FTP - Remote Command

Posted Oct 15, 2018 07:23 PM

Im not sure about all SSH commands. However, yes you can create a tar file using the Remote Command on the RA FTP Agent.

• 3.  Re: RA_FTP - Remote Command

Posted Oct 15, 2018 07:25 PM

I'm pretty sure you can use wildcard file selections with RA_FTP?

• 4.  Re: RA_FTP - Remote Command

Posted Oct 15, 2018 08:08 PM

Okay great, I need to tar up a limited amount of files per batch(each time I run it) so that I dont move too many files.  petwir - Yes I can use wild cards, but I have 1000's of files in the folder and I dont want RA_FTP running for hours at a time.  So I thought the best way to do this would be to tar up 100 files at a time and move them.  I hope it work as I scripted a whole bunch of stuff to compare and delete the tarball's that I create.  The TAR command is going to create a filelist that I load into a vara file and compare it after I move it and untar it.  Thanks Michael_Pirson for letting me know.