Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Is cygwin considered an external interpreter for WINDOWS?

Posted Nov 16, 2018 04:19 AM

We currently use cygwin to execute shell (ksh) scripts on our windows agents.  For example, we insert something like this into our WIN JOBS object Process tab.  

c:\bin\cygwin\bin\mksh.exe -l -c "/home2/PROJECTCODE/bin/PROJECTCODE-JOBNAME.sh"
    @set retcode=%errorlevel%
    @if NOT %ERRORLEVEL% == 0 goto :retcode

But this limits us to executing those ksh scripts on the agent server, that is, we can't embed ksh scripts in our WIN JOBS objects.  At least we haven't found a way to do that.  Is there a way to setup cygwin as an external interpreter that will allow us to embed our ksh scripts in WIN JOBS objects?

I've reviewed this article: https://communities.ca.com/message/242146344-re-bash-under-window-agent?commentID=242146344#comment-242146344 

However, I don't think that applies to external interpreters, or, I may not understand exactly what external interpreters are intended for.

• 2.  Re: Is cygwin considered an external interpreter for WINDOWS?

Posted Nov 16, 2018 11:03 AM

Hi RoddyJ 

As this post is current under the CA Automic Community section with no categories (product) selected, though the content of your post look like it may be referring to the Automic Workload Automation product?  Can you let us know if this is the case, if so I will move the topic to the appropriate section to better reach the product user audience.

-Luu

• 3.  Re: Is cygwin considered an external interpreter for WINDOWS?

Posted Nov 16, 2018 10:42 PM

Luu,

Yes, that is correct.  Please move the post under AWA.  Appreciate it.  I'm still learning the ropes in Community.

Rod

Rod Buckel

buckel@msu.edu

517-884-3075