Clarity

• 1.  PPM process On Hold problem

Posted Nov 02, 2018 10:01 AM

Is it possible for a process to change from active to on hold automatically? Process chages the status itself from active to on hold.

I have this problem and it causes that some records stuck in aborting. Do you guys have any clue?

Thanks

• 2.  Re: PPM process On Hold problem

Posted Nov 05, 2018 02:47 AM

One thing I can think of is, when we click "Save" in the custom script action of a process, the status of the process would be changed to "On Hold".

• 3.  Re: PPM process On Hold problem

Posted Nov 05, 2018 02:52 AM

I could be wrong, but if the process is run too many times, PPM puts it onhold.  I could be wrong, but I recall a 'rouge' process where this happened.

Otherwise, agree with maabhaven, and if the GEL step has had 'save and return' pressed (GEL script may not have been updated), the process will be put on-hold.

We have a data exception in PROD to alert when a Process is On-Hold, as sometimes when migrating GEL scripts to PROD, the process is not revalidated.

• 4.  Re: PPM process On Hold problem

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 05, 2018 10:26 AM

Hi Roland,

You are correct, a process gets into draft mode if it has exceeding the number of loops configured in CSA.

Hi Ferhat, You can have a look at the video we did for this feature CA PPM: Process Engine Monitoring 

Regards

Suman Pramanik