DX NetOps

• 1.  Performance Center Flash Deprecation?

Posted Mar 25, 2019 09:42 AM

What are the plans for replacing the flash components within Performance Center? Adobe is deprecating Flash in 2020, and Chromium is targeting disablement in July 2019, and removal by December 2020. 

• 2.  Re: Performance Center Flash Deprecation?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 25, 2019 04:03 PM

Hi Josh,

There is work going on to remove Flash that continues. It's not removed in r3.7 and is still used in that release.

Hopefully the next release, or one soon after that, will have it pulled from the code without impacts to existing functionality.

There is an Idea posted here about it if you haven't seen it yet.

Stop using Abode Flash in CAPC 

Thanks,

Mike

• 3.  RE: Performance Center Flash Deprecation?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 28, 2020 03:21 PM

Broadcom's Plan to Remove Flash from DX NetOps Products

Broadcom to Share Details on Plan for DX NetOps (DX Performance Management and Network Flow Analysis) as Support for Adobe Flash Comes to an End.
    Live online Jun 23 11:00 am United States - New York
    https://www.brighttalk.com/webcast/11217/410442?utm_campaign=knowledge-feed&utm_source=brighttalk-portal&utm_medium=web

------------------------------
    Technical Support Engineer IV
    Broadcom Inc
    ------------------------------

• 4.  RE: Performance Center Flash Deprecation?

Posted Jun 01, 2020 10:18 AM
    Assume that i have a older version like 3.0 series whether i cant see the dashboards after 2020 ? i hope it is only on chrome browser

• 5.  RE: Performance Center Flash Deprecation?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 01, 2020 10:52 AM
    As long as the browser you are using has Flash plugin, the product should still work.

Note:  The recently released Performance Management 3.7.12 shipped with a flash replacement group administrator pages.  So no flash in PM 3.7.12+ anymore.