Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Index in ZDU environment with multiple JWPs

Posted Mar 27, 2019 09:08 AM

Hello,

few weeks ago we upgraded our AWA environment with ZDU and since yesterday we have weird situation.

For ZDU we seperated our environment so that the half of the CPs and WPs run in one directory (AutomationEngine) and the others run in a seperate directory (AutomationEngine_ZDU). The ZDU works perfectly but after a reboot last Sunday for the Windows Security Updates, the search index will created in the wrong directory. That is very bad because if you changed the name of an object you won't find it in the search and you can also not insert this object into an jobplan.

At first I have thought I have to created a second JCP that works in AutomationEngine_ZDU but this does not help.

Then I recognized that:

Before the reboot the index were build in AutomationEngine\bin\indexCache\12.2.

Since Sunday it will be created in AutomationEngine_ZDU\bin\indexCache\12.2.

Just for fun I have disable the JWP which runs under AutomationEngine_ZDU and then the Index were build in the correct directory. After I have started the JWP the index were created in the AutomationEngine_ZDU folder.

Additional I have adapted the order of services in ServiceManager so that the JWP in AutomationEnginge starts before the other one because I have read that the first JWP is responisible for the lucene index.

For better understanding here my environment:

1) AutomationEngine

2 CPs

1 JCPs

3 WPs

1 JWP

2) AutomationEngine_ZDU

2 CPs

1 JCPs

3 WPs

1 JWP

Does anyone has some experince and could give me some tipps?

Thanks for you help.

Best regards,

Christian

• 2.  Re: Index in ZDU environment with multiple JWPs

Posted Mar 28, 2019 03:00 AM

Hi,

I think you have to stop the old JWP and JCP from AutomationEngine, afterwards start JWP from AutomationEngine_ZDU first, wait 30 seconds and then start JCP from AutomationEngine_ZDU.

Order for SMGR

WP1
    WAIT 30
    CP1
    WAIT 5
    CP2
    WAIT 5
    JWP
    WAIT 20
    JCP

WAIT 20

WP*

CP*

Rgds

Christian

• 3.  Re: Index in ZDU environment with multiple JWPs

Posted Mar 28, 2019 03:44 AM

Hi,

thanks for your comment.

After some searching I have found the solution.

Because of the reboot and wrong order of Services in the ServiceManager die JWP in AutomationEngine_ZDU starts first and then the JWP from AutomationEngine. After the correct starting order the search index works again. I have also cleaned the cache.

But for me it is weird that the index did not work: The second JWP and JCP runs in AutomationEngine_ZDU but I got no results.

Regards,

Christian

• 4.  Re: Index in ZDU environment with multiple JWPs

Posted Mar 28, 2019 04:00 AM

Hi could it be possible that the old JWP binary was started?

• 5.  Re: Index in ZDU environment with multiple JWPs

Posted Mar 28, 2019 05:22 AM

Hi,

what old binary do you mean in special?

With our last ZDU we upgraded our environment from version 12.1.2 too 12.2.1.

In the Administration tab I see that my JWPs are running with version 12.2.1+hf.2.build.1544538401029.

Regards,

Christian