Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  CA Workload automation External Security

Posted Nov 26, 2018 09:18 AM

Hi Team,

Currently in our Lpar we are using Internal Security (some generic userid's to login and no password enabled).

During last Audit, reviewer asked us to implement the security with password enabled.

Could you please help me, what are all fields we need to include to switch to external security ? Whether big effort is needed to convert from Internal to External ?

- By modifying to External security, Batches running with current security model get affect ?

- We are following the internal security for quite long time (more than 10 years), so we don't know the source code which needs to be modified. We only having security compiled version.

Your help in this issue will really appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Loganathan A

• 2.  Re: CA Workload automation External Security

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 26, 2018 12:45 PM

Hi Logan!

I was reviewing your post but we'd need more details on how you are currently using AWA and which components you are using in order to help answer your question about where passwords would need to be updated. For the most part you want to review your LOGIN objects and ensure the user credentials are updated with the password here. Depending on the nature of the external security, you may need to restart your agents if the user who started these processes now has different credentials. If you have any additional questions around AWA and security please let us know.

Thank you!

Andrew

• 3.  Re: CA Workload automation External Security

Posted Nov 26, 2018 02:31 PM

Hi Logan1991 ,

As this is posted in the CA Automic Workload Automation space/section though the title of the post is for CA Workload automation.  With the describing of the content of the post, it doesn't ring a bell for me for these within the Automic Workload Automation product line.

I want to confirm with you if you are referring to the CA Workload Automation ... such as these:

Internal and External Security Structures - CA Workload Automation CA 7® Edition - 12.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

If that is the case that you are referring to the CA Workload Automation and not CA Automic Workload Automation, please let me know and I will move this post to the CA Workload Automation to better reach the product users audience.