Clarity

• 1.  Augmenting the Roadmap Projects in PPM 15.5.1

Posted Mar 08, 2019 05:16 PM

I am having difficulty tracking down details/instructions on how I might synchronize additional attributes from in-flight Projects to import into a Roadmap.

I would like to draw in:

• the Department OBS,
    • %Complete, and
    • Project Type and Category

I have had a look at the 'Roadmap Item' object, and I am comfortable with creating new Attributes, but I'm not clear on how to link the Roadmap Item Attributes with Project Attributes for the initial Load and subsequent Synchronize.

Since these Attributes are in the Master Project Table, my preference would be to not create new Investment Type.

Any applicable references to DocOps materials would be appreciated.

• 2.  Re: Augmenting the Roadmap Projects in PPM 15.5.1
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 15, 2019 03:10 PM

Hi Will,

The ability to sync attributes other than the ones provided out-of-the-box is not available in Clarity PPM 15.5.1.  This was added in Clarity PPM 15.6 for custom attributes.  The product release guide covers this under the following section:

Clarity PPM 15.6 Release Notes - CA PPM SaaS - 15.6 - CA Technologies Documentation 

It lists the feature as available for Custom Investments, but it will actually apply to all investments, including Projects and Ideas (also a new feature).

The sync'd attributed do not need to be individually identified, rather, you only need to ensure that the REST API ID are consistent from Investment object to Roadmap Item object and that the data types are matched (for lookups, this implies the lookup also matches).

If you have a 15.6 environment available, please give it a shot and let us know how it goes.

Regards

• 3.  Re: Augmenting the Roadmap Projects in PPM 15.5.1

Posted Mar 18, 2019 01:42 AM

Thanks Ming,

I'll have a look at the release notes then start putting thought into scheduling the next upgrade cycle.

Cheers,

Will