CA Service Management

• 1.  Disabling categories

Posted Oct 31, 2018 01:10 AM

Hi Team,

We have to restrict end users from selecting specific categories. There are few active tickets in these categories, so if we disable the same can the users continue to work on it. As per my understanding the user's wont be able to work on the existing tickets, correct me if wrong.

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Disabling categories
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 31, 2018 12:32 PM

Pushpith .....

I just did a quick test and disabled a category that was being used in a SDM ticket.

After disabling the category, I was still able to open, edit and save the ticket without any issue.

Hope this helps.

• 3.  Re: Disabling categories

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 31, 2018 04:58 PM

Pushpith

Something to consider is that disabling a category entry for requests only prevents new cases from selecting the given category.  Any existing cases that name the given category would continue to be accessible.

Can you describe what you are trying to do here?  Did you want the given tickets that name an inactive category to disallow case updates?  If so, what should happen to those cases when you disable a category?

I do not think that data partitioning will be able to help as it would be too much overhead to take into account the category's active state.  Maybe consider including an activity to mass close all cases that name the given category when you are moving to disable the category?

• 4.  Re: Disabling categories

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 01, 2018 11:53 AM

If you don't want users be able to view/edit tickets, you would need to add a data partition constraint so that any incidents with that disabled category won't be viewed/edited by these users. The syntax is very simple like

category.sym<>'that-category' 

• 5.  Re: Disabling categories

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 02, 2018 09:28 AM

Pushpith.........

Do you have any further questions regarding inactivating SDM Request Areas/Categories?

If not, please mark one of the provided responses as correct so that the thread can be closed.