CA Service Management

• 1.  Identifying domsrvrs

Posted May 15, 2019 10:38 PM

We have a number of domsrvr processes running in our installation and for monitoring processes we would like to be able to determine from outside CASD, which process is which (i.e. domsrvr:02 vs domsrvr:03, etc).

We can determine this from the stdlog files when each domsrvr is started but that's quite awkward to parse. We can't find any extra options on pdm_status and we have observed that the sequence within the output of that command is not consistent.

Does anyone know another way we can determine this?

Thanks,

Alan

• 2.  Re: Identifying domsrvrs

Posted May 16, 2019 12:11 AM

So, you are looking for the relation of process id -pid- and slump name, like 'domsrvr:02' ?
    On linux I would use ps and grep.
    On windows .... maybe slstat and find....
    Regards
    ....Michael

• 3.  Re: Identifying domsrvrs

Posted May 16, 2019 12:41 AM

Hi Michael,

We are on a Windows platform. Using slstat I can see the names that I want to see but I can't see how to display the appropriate PID's. How do I do that?

Thanks,

Alan

• 4.  Re: Identifying domsrvrs
    Best Answer

Posted May 16, 2019 01:35 AM

Hi Alan.

I am sorry, but I pointed you in the wrong direction. I thought, slstat will print the pid as well. My fault  !

Once again,....  never ever suggest something, without taking a quick look before.

Hopefully the following approach, will fit better. from within windows cmd , do a

"wmic process get Caption,CommandLine,Processid, | findstr domsrvr"

Thanks to : https://www.winhelponline.com/xp/listproc.htm  !!

Best Regards

………..Michael

• 5.  Re: Identifying domsrvrs

Posted May 16, 2019 04:54 PM

Hi Michael,

That's done the trick, thank you very much.

Note that I had to run the command from a cmd shell with Administrator rights before anything would show in the CommandLine field for the domsrvr processes.

Cheers,

Alan

• 6.  Re: Identifying domsrvrs

Posted May 16, 2019 05:28 PM

I've managed to convert this into PowerShell which gives you a lot more options for what to do with the data:

Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_Process -Filter "Name='domsrvr.exe' AND CommandLine LIKE '%domsrvr:02%'"

Note that this is specifically looking for a "domsrvr:02".

Also PowerShell has to be running with Admin privileges for it to work.