Clarity

• 1.  Object/Object Portlet Filtering by URL Parameter

Posted Apr 21, 2019 11:11 PM

Is there a way to use a URL parameter to automatically filter for the Object List or Object Portlet?

I know how to do this from a query based Portlet, where you can have a parameter prjcode (eg prjcode=ABC123 in the URL and then use something like inv.code = @WHERE:PARAM:XML:STRING:/data/prjcode/@value@ in the NSQL.

I want to access the Object or Object Portlet so that the data is able to be updated, rather than in query based Portlet the data is view only.  And to be able to use the URL and pass a parameter to automatically be used on the filter.

Using the Project object as an example, the Project Code is in the Filter, so users can filter by Project Code when they access the Project List, or, if there object based Portlet on Project.  What URL parameter can I use so the Project Code filter can read the URL parameter and automatically filter by that value?

• 2.  Re: Object/Object Portlet Filtering by URL Parameter

Posted Apr 23, 2019 03:52 AM

When you create the object based portlet, you can specify the Instance Type of the portlet and that should work.

For example I can create a portlet with Instance Type of project based on the Risk object as data-provider, I can then place that portlet on a project tab page (i.e. add a tab to the Project Default Layout portlet page and put the portlet on that) and it then only shows me Risks for that project - it appears to pick up &id=5000000&classCode=project from the URL so you might be able to use that in a normal portlet page as well but I've only tried it on the default portlet page as above).

• 3.  Re: Object/Object Portlet Filtering by URL Parameter

Posted Apr 23, 2019 04:18 AM

Hi David, thank you for your response, and I can confirm that works where it uses the project ID to automatically filter for just that one project.  I like this approach and may use it in the future, to have on the Project Dashboard, additional portlets to show for example 'Open Risks' and 'Open Issues' to save staff from having to navigate to Risks/then access Issues, they could all be on the same page of the Project.

It sadly doesn't address what I am after which is more than just the Project ID to be used for the filtering, in particular, as the portlet will not even be located on the Project Dashboard (or other tabs).