DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Monitoring Drives (Whose Drive Letters Are Not Assigned) Through Disk Management

Posted Mar 26, 2019 10:00 AM
      |   view attached

Hi All,

Requirement:-

I have a requirement where Backup team has demanded to monitor disks that are present in there servers. The disks are visible in the Disk management but due to some god knows reason (Obviously because of the tool configuration) they have not assigned any drive letter and are not visible in My Computer. (Snapshot Attached).

Problem Statement:- Currently there is no such functionality present in CDM which can directly capture the disks whose drive letters are not assigned.

Need help in enabling monitoring on Disks whose drive letter is not assigned.

Thanks

Ankur Mishra

Attachment(s)

docx
    Server Snapshot.docx   621 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: Monitoring Drives (Whose Drive Letters Are Not Assigned) Through Disk Management

Posted Apr 05, 2019 10:28 AM

Not sure if it will work but maybe rsp will do it.

rsp (Remote System Probe) - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation 

Figuring that also doesn't work it may be necessary to get creative. These could be hidden volumes used for shadow copy or some other type of system backup recovery, and be hidden from all but low level utilities. Working with the backup and system admin teams, perhaps you can work out some type of command line or tool that will check the volume status and then write it to a file. The file can in turn be read by logmon.

• 3.  Re: Monitoring Drives (Whose Drive Letters Are Not Assigned) Through Disk Management

Posted Apr 26, 2019 01:12 AM

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply. I created a powershell script which extract all the volumes. Then i monitored it through logmon probe and defined some variables and at last able to achieve it.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Ankur