Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  SNMP TRAP

Posted Feb 25, 2019 05:54 AM

Hello everyone,

I have three AE, one for testing and two for prod active active.

I installed SNMP in AE test environment. In the test environment the SNMP works properly and sends the alerts to the consul.

I installed the SNMP exactly the same on both production servers but on these servers the SNMP does not work.

I attached the ucsnmp1_00.logs from test and prod environments.

I suspect the SNMP does not know how to work when there are two active active AE.

I will be happy for any help or idea.

Best regards,

Shay Shabo

Attachment(s)

zip
    TEST_ucsnmp1_00.log.zip   1 KB 1 version
    zip
    PROD_ucsnmp1_00.log.zip   937 B 1 version

• 2.  Re: SNMP TRAP

Posted Mar 03, 2019 12:56 AM

Hello,

We have Active/Active setup for our Automation Engine and the SNMP Agent is working fine.
    We are using Linux servers for our AE.
    The log file seems pretty normal.
    I believe you already crosschecked the AE ini file in order to match the values for the ports (stream_port= in SNMP config file) and snmp= in ucsrv.ini

• 3.  Re: SNMP TRAP

Posted May 20, 2019 02:29 PM

I am running into a similar issue with an ACTIVE/ACTIVE configuration with split CP/WP across two Windows servers. This solution was functioning properly until about a week ago (so there is a chance changes on the networking backend and our CheckMK solution which we send traps to). I noticed in the log files that the server which has the PWP running on it will be the server the SNMP subagent resolves to. The log output for the SNMP does not get populated until the PWP is running on a server with the SNMP subagent. 

Again this is just my observation while working to troubleshoot our system.