Rally Software

• 1.  How I can see all task completions in Rally for my assigned items?

Posted Jul 25, 2018 05:21 PM
    Hi All,

In rally we have 2 weeks of sprint where we plan a set of user stories. For each story there is usually a Development task and a QA task. I am the QA so I only start when I see DEV task as complete.

But for the user stories in my queue, every morning I have to open up each story and check if DEV tasks is complete for that story. How can I have a view where I can quickly see what all stories in my bucket are DEV complete, any given time

Thanks

Sid

• 2.  Re: How I can see all task completions in Rally for my assigned items?
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 26, 2018 09:05 AM

Do the Development Tasks always contain "DEV"? If so, you could set up a Custom List app for User Stories on a Dashboard and add a query like:

((( Tasks.Name contains "DEV" ) AND ( Tasks.State = "Completed" )) AND ( Tasks.Owner.Username = "user@name.com"))

This would show you all of the Stories where this is true.

You could further refine it to show when yours are not done or started as well:

(((( Tasks.Name contains "DEV" ) AND ( Tasks.State = "Completed" )) AND (Tasks.Name contains "QA" )) AND ( Tasks.State = "Defined")) AND ( Tasks.Owner.Username = "user@name.com"))

It may take a moment for it to load, but hopefully it helps.

• 3.  Re: How I can see all task completions in Rally for my assigned items?

Posted Sep 18, 2018 05:15 PM

This query doesn't seem to produce the expected result.  Here's my query 

((((( Tasks.Name contains "Code Check-in and quick check of the deployment" ) AND ( Tasks.State = "Completed" )) AND (Tasks.Name contains "Manual Validation (TS" )) AND ( Tasks.State = "Defined")) AND ( Tasks.Owner.Username = "user@company.com"))

Now I was expecting no results ... because the Code Check-in task is not complete .... so I'm having a misunderstanding of the chaining of data... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 4.  Re: How I can see all task completions in Rally for my assigned items?

Posted Sep 19, 2018 04:18 AM

Andrew,

Yep, seems my logic is flawed and my testing scenario led me to believe this worked.  However, I can see now that, while it works as written, it is not getting what we were shooting for in this case.

The results do have all the parameters, however, I was expecting, like you, that the two "Name" and "State" AND'd together would work on the same Task.  That isn't the case.  It is always looking at all the Tasks on the User Story to ensure that group has all of these parameters, which of course, this User Story Task collection does.

I'll look to see if I can find the right way to do this.

Michael

• 5.  Re: How I can see all task completions in Rally for my assigned items?

Posted Sep 19, 2018 04:58 PM

Looking forward

• 6.  Re: How I can see all task completions in Rally for my assigned items?

Posted Oct 04, 2018 01:48 PM

Hi Michael, any update on this? Any guidance will be appreciated.