CA Service Management

• 1.  Is it possible to have multiple fields in an Incident/Request form write to one field?

Posted Feb 08, 2019 09:19 AM

We are trying to see if there is a way to have the data from multiple fields on the Employee Incident/Request form all be compiled into the Analyst's Incident/Request description field?  As far as I can tell they seem to be one-to-one.

I am aware of the properties fields but due to their unique database requirements to report on and being removed from the page when the area is changed we would like a better option.

• 2.  Re: Is it possible to have multiple fields in an Incident/Request form write to one field?
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 11, 2019 10:53 AM

One way would be to modify the Employee form and add a preSaveTrigger fuction with Javascript that would gather the values in the other fields and append them to the description field.

• 3.  Re: Is it possible to have multiple fields in an Incident/Request form write to one field?

• 4.  Re: Is it possible to have multiple fields in an Incident/Request form write to one field?

Posted Feb 15, 2019 09:00 AM

Thank you both Lindsay_Estabrooks and TMACUL !  I will read up on this and present it as a possible solution to our issue.  If I could mark both answers correct I would!