Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Can we provide hyperlink to deep link URL in Action Item Email Notification?

• 1.  Can we provide hyperlink to deep link URL in Action Item Email Notification?

Posted Jan 29, 2019 02:59 AM

Hi,

Can we mask URL in Action Item Email Notification?  Actually I am trying to display the Project URL in Action Item Email notification.  Users don't want to see the deep link URL, they need hyperlink to deep link URL.  However, this can be achieved using gel:email tag which generates email.  We do not want to use this custom script.  We need to provide hyperlink in Action Item Description.

Could you please let me know whether this feasible or not?

• 2.  Re: Can we provide hyperlink to deep link URL in Action Item Email Notification?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 29, 2019 03:02 AM

There is a property in PPM called external URL in properties.xml and if you enable that you can get the external URL in the notification. More details on the same is documented here https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/15-5-1/en/administration/csa-ca-ppm-system-administration/csa-security-passwords-ldap-ssl-s…  

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 3.  Re: Can we provide hyperlink to deep link URL in Action Item Email Notification?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 29, 2019 03:14 AM

Adding to what i said if you mask the URL then how is the user will be redirected to the relevant page. 

• 4.  Re: Can we provide hyperlink to deep link URL in Action Item Email Notification?

Posted Feb 01, 2019 12:02 AM

Hi Suman,

Thank you for the response.

In the Action Item and its email notification, we are providing deep link URL to access Project /Report Page.  However, the user doesn't want to see the deep link URL, instead they ask us to display the hyperlink text : Project Name or Report Name..  When the user click on Project Name  hyperlink, it should redirect the user to Project page.

Please find the attached screenshot of sample Action Email Notification.

Please note that we are on On-demand.

Thanks,

Kokila M

• 5.  Re: Can we provide hyperlink to deep link URL in Action Item Email Notification?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 01, 2019 02:49 AM

Hi Kokila,

I dont think that is possible at this point because in the notification template you create a link and that link is visible, however i understood your requirement just like in word you can have name and if you click on the same it will take you to that link. 

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 6.  Re: Can we provide hyperlink to deep link URL in Action Item Email Notification?

Posted Feb 01, 2019 04:05 AM

Hi Suman,

Yes, you are right.  That is my requirement.

Could you please let me know is there anyway to achieve this ?

• 7.  Re: Can we provide hyperlink to deep link URL in Action Item Email Notification?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 01, 2019 04:48 AM

There might be way and i dont have the solution but being in SAAS you will not be able to make changes to file system 

• 8.  Re: Can we provide hyperlink to deep link URL in Action Item Email Notification?

Posted Feb 04, 2019 09:15 PM

Hi Suman,

Thank you for the information. 

Regards,

Kokila M

• 9.  Re: Can we provide hyperlink to deep link URL in Action Item Email Notification?

Posted Feb 07, 2019 09:36 AM

Hello Kokila,

You could use html anchor tag <a href ....> in the action item description. But there is a catch.

Pro

the email has the masked/hyperlink, which looks good instead of complete url and redirection works.

Con

The action item details page in CA PPM, where you respond to the action item, shows the complete html tag <a href= ....> and the redirection doesn't work

We tried this, but due to the problem on the Action Item details page, we went back to using the complete url instead of masked/hyperlink

Regards,

Albert

• 10.  Re: Can we provide hyperlink to deep link URL in Action Item Email Notification?

Posted Feb 11, 2019 10:03 PM

Hi Albert,

Thank you for the details.  I have tried this tag "a href..' and came across same issue.  However, I am thinking how the Project URL is displaying as hyperlink in Action Item -> Object links.  Is there anyway to achieve this functionality in On Demand?  I couldn't find any details how this URL masking happens.

Also, I have come across one more issue while sending deep link URL.  I am trying to send Report deep link URL which means including passing parameters.  In Action Item description, it is displaying properly, however in Email notification the &param is changing like below (highlighted characters)

Thanks,

Kokila M

• 11.  Re: Can we provide hyperlink to deep link URL in Action Item Email Notification?

Posted Feb 12, 2019 01:25 AM

Hi All,

For the deep link URL issue, I have used &amp; instead of '&' and it resolved the issue.

It will be helpful if I get any inputs for the 1st case - masking the deep link URL. 

Appreciate your help on this!

Thanks,

Kokila M