DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  EPAgent with apache?

Posted May 19, 2010 04:36 AM
    hi

i am trying to deploy epagent with apache for Wily Introscope 8.1.2, right now i am able to run epagent as it shows up in my Wily EM console, also i am getting some basic metrics information related to epagent in Wily Workstation's Investigator. but somehow i am unable to get apache stats in Wily, may be my perl command is not right, or there are other things going wrong. if anybody deployed apache web server successfully, then please do share it with me, thanks.

sbastine

• 2.  RE: EPAgent with apache?

Posted May 26, 2010 07:38 PM
    Hi All,

Any ideas here for sbastine?

Thanks!
    Chris

• 3.  RE: EPAgent with apache?

Posted May 27, 2010 03:07 PM
    Hi Sbastine,
    I have a few questions if you don't mind. How and what information are you attempting to collect from Apache? Are you parsing the log file or reading the server status page? Have you tried the Powerpack for WebServers?

Regards,
    Geoffrey

• 4.  RE: EPAgent with apache?

Posted Jun 07, 2010 07:42 AM
    hi Geoffrey

Well right now i am trying to run EPAgent with apache, and its configuration asks for the path of apache log files.

As far as u mentioned about powerpack, i do try this and try to get the metrics of apache.

but back to EPAgent, i don't know why i am not getting apache log file stats, EPAgent is starting though. Have you tried EPAgent, can u mention the steps please.

thanks and regards,
    Sbastine.

• 5.  RE: EPAgent with apache?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 18, 2011 12:47 PM
    Aside from properly configuring your properties file, you will want to look at the .cfg file for the LogReader.
    By default, it only looks for "error" events, so if you want to look for other types, you'll need to add additional regular expressions in the .cfg file for it to look for.

-Hiko

• 6.  RE: EPAgent with apache?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 20, 2011 11:27 AM
    The EPA plugin is designed only to read the Apache log4j file.
    If you want to scrape the stats page, you'll need to use wget or use the PowerPack for Web Servers. The PP is the preferred method as it's already built OOTB to read the stats page. You'll get more detailed information if you enabled Extended stats. Check the guide for details.

-Hiko

• 7.  RE: EPAgent with apache?

Posted May 11, 2011 07:24 PM
    Hi,
    I facing some issue while trying to start EPAgent, can you please how I can fix it:

C:\>java -classpath "D:\APM9\Introscope9.0.0.0\lib\EPAgent.jar" com.wily.introsc
    ope.api.IntroscopeEPAgent
    5/11/11 02:17:22 PM EST [INFO] [EPAgent] Introscope EPAgent Release 9.0.0.0 (Bui
    ld 890698)
    5/11/11 02:17:22 PM EST [INFO] [EPAgent] Using Java VM version "Java HotSpot(TM)
    Client VM 1.5.0_02" from Sun Microsystems Inc.
    5/11/11 02:17:22 PM EST [INFO] [EPAgent] Using Introscope installation at: C:\\.

5/11/11 02:17:22 PM EST [INFO] [EPAgent] CA Wily Introscope(R) Version 9.0
    5/11/11 02:17:22 PM EST [INFO] [EPAgent] Copyright (c) 2009 CA. All Rights Reser
    ved.
    5/11/11 02:17:22 PM EST [INFO] [EPAgent] Introscope(R) is a registered trademark
    of CA.
    5/11/11 02:17:22 PM EST [INFO] [EPAgent] Starting Introscope EPAgent...
    5/11/11 02:17:22 PM EST [ERROR] [EPAgent] EPAgent failed to start because: Confi
    guration file 'IntroscopeEPAgent.properties' not found.
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: Configuration file 'IntroscopeEPAgent.properties'
    not found.
    at com.wily.introscope.epagent.EPAgent.getPrefsFile(EPAgent.java:483)
    at com.wily.introscope.epagent.EPAgent.start(EPAgent.java:204)
    at com.wily.introscope.epagent.EPAgent.main(EPAgent.java:548)
    at com.wily.introscope.api.IntroscopeEPAgent.main(IntroscopeEPAgent.java
    :55)
    regards